• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scopes for long range (2000 meters) What really gets on my nerves....

Blasst

Sergeant
Minuteman
what really bugs the hell out of me is I think I know what I'm going to get ( a 5-25 nightforce) then I start looking at the Kahles and S&B scopes. They are more or less all about the same it just come down to some of the features and controls and reticles. But unless you are around a bunch of shooters you don't ever have a chance to feel the knob clicks or see the small differences in controls. So we ask places like here and of course everyone has a favorite. Every year I say I'm going to make it to Shot and every year I end up not going. So it is impossible to get your hands on the 3 or 4 scopes you are considering of this type and price range. When you're dropping around $3000 in coin you either just stay with what you know or take a chance. So this always pisses me off. I like to hold and look at a scope when I spend that much.
So i'm up in the air at the moment. I'd love to get my hand on a Kahles 624 or an S&B.......So WTF????

For shooting that far you should also keep an eye on the amount of internal elevation. I wouldn't get anything under 100 moa.

Also so let people know where you are and maybe a local shooter can meet up with you to do a hands on. I do it all the time.

where are you located? there might be a place near you where you can put hands on all 3. most of the prs competitions I've been to, you'll see just about all the scopes around.

I'm in Houston but actually willing to go anywhere in the country if I could put my hands on all 3 at the same time. It's possible to find one or 2 some places at times

Yeah for sure Robo01 Internal elevation is one of the main things I look for. I'm using a 20 moa base right now also.
I need to call around to some of the vendors we all know and get some feedback.....just like to bitch sometimes too. :)))
I go through this every few years when I buy expensive glass.

Don't rule out the Vortex gen II 4.5-27. I have one on my 338 improved which I routinely shoot out to 2k, it performs quite well (50 moa rail so I can get to 2.5k).

Don't rule out the Vortex gen II 4.5-27. I have one on my 338 improved which I routinely shoot out to 2k, it performs quite well (50 moa rail so I can get to 2.5k).

And they're $1960 shipped on DVOR right now, hard to go wrong at over 20% off MAP. Doubt many if any dealers will be able to beat that. You could sell it at virtually no loss if you don't like it.

Not to get off topic, but I didn't think just anyone could get into shot show. I thought it was just for retailers or something?

That is a terrific price on that Vortex Gen II 4.5-27. What experience have you all had with buying from DVOR?

Not to get off topic, but I didn't think just anyone could get into shot show. I thought it was just for retailers or something?

yeah that is correct....retailers and other people in some sort of biz . I have no problem getting in just always seem to be too busy when it's happening.
I have several friends in businesses that are there every year and can get me in

Check out the new NF 7-35, it should have the magnification you need and the turrets are nice on the ATACR's... I'll have one in about two weeks with the Tremor3, can't wait to play with it some...

Oh, and they have around 100MOA of travel as well, forgot to mention that...

The nra show is in Texas next year, bit of a wait, but I believe all 3 will be there.

Who gives a fu#k about how the clicks feel. You can't tell s#it about how a scope performs inside The Sands Convention Center. Check out the 'bros gear in the field.

Oh, and they have around 100MOA of travel as well, forgot to mention that...

NF actually understates the total travel. I've gotten more than that with a 40 moa base. It has closer to 120 moa would be my guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stay the fuck away from DVOR.

I learned this the hard way once, years ago. They may have the best price, but its not worth it.

I'm under the impression they sell 'seconds' but don't say anything about it. So you'll get the item and it may or may not be ok. Well, if its not (which they somehow have a high percentage of having something wrong, which is why I'm thinking they are where companies dump their seconds/thirds off at), prepare to go through a fight about restocking fees and them trying to get you to jump through hoops to let you return it for store credit only.

Back when the USO 1-8 became available I got one through them that was much cheaper than anyone else. Got it and the fiber optic red dot inside of it was literally 1MIL to the right of center and looked like someone smashed the fiber optic giving it a huge bloom instead of just being a red dot. Wasn't out of the box for 5 minutes.

Emailed them for an RMA to exchange it and was met with emails saying sure, send it back but it has to be with UPS/FedEx, it has to be at least 2nd day air, insured and we're not paying for it. Oh, and you'll receive store credit of what you paid less like 15% or whatever it was. Told them they were fucking nuts and I was going to send it back and charge them back on my CC. Then they wanted me to get an RMA from USO directly and they'd send me a new one if I did. Seeing as that was easier, called USO, got an RMA and sent the scope back. Got a new one 2 weeks later that wasn't fucked up.

Fuck that place. They are the sub prime, fee based revenue stream internet store.

To the OP...
Look at what scopes where used at the King of 2 Mile event. They are shooting extremely long range. A thinner reticle may help you as well. I wish I could help you more, but ive never shot farther than 1300 yards, and only have access (locally) to a 1000 yard range.

Wow! I thought DVOR and OpticsPlanet were affiliated; but, I've never bought from DVOR and wasn't that happy the time or two I've ordered from OpticPlanet since it always wound up on back order and eventually I'd give up and cancel.

Anyway - thanks for posting that link,I think I'll avoid both of them from here on out.

I'm under the impression from what I've read and seen firsthand that they are where manufacturer seconds/thirds get sold to. They then undercut retail prices, get orders due to it with a good percentage of people not noticing something is off (or it may not matter) and the rest that complain get the same treatment you get when dealing with a shitty insurance company when you make a claim.

CST Tactical probably has all of them or access to them, or come to a match here in central Ca next weekend, I'm sure they'll all be there, should be a Minox as well. :)

To the OP. I'm in Colorado and I have TT professional, Kahles, and Razor Gen2 and Mile high is about 45 minutes from me with more S&B and NF then you can think of. Let me know.

what really bugs the hell out of me is I think I know what I'm going to get ( a 5-25 nightforce) then I start looking at the Kahles and S&B scopes. They are more or less all about the same it just come down to some of the features and controls and reticles. But unless you are around a bunch of shooters you don't ever have a chance to feel the knob clicks or see the small differences in controls. So we ask places like here and of course everyone has a favorite. Every year I say I'm going to make it to Shot and every year I end up not going. So it is impossible to get your hands on the 3 or 4 scopes you are considering of this type and price range. When you're dropping around $3000 in coin you either just stay with what you know or take a chance. So this always pisses me off. I like to hold and look at a scope when I spend that much.
So i'm up in the air at the moment. I'd love to get my hand on a Kahles 624 or an S&B.......So WTF????

Lazy21 is a scope dealer in SE(I think) Houston. He put the MST 100 buy together. I think his business is First Class Tactical. He MAY have some of what you're looking at to handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk