• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scopes like the 1-6.5 Bushnell Elite Tactical SMRS Pro/II

ffhounddog

Private
Minuteman
  • Dec 8, 2007
    Montgomery, AL
    I have four of the SMRS/SMRS II Pro scopes and I am looking for something similar in Glass Quality for later buys down the road. I know I am in the minority but I really do like the scope due to my Deployment time overseas with a TA01NSN for most of the deployments except for the SCAR17 with a ELCAN and the times I ran a Aimpoint Comp M2/CompM4 (US Army M68).

I would like a 1-8x or 1-10x but the weight is always an issue. My one Leuplod 3x-9x VX-R Patrol is only about 16/17 ounces and it was a sweat spot and for my MK12 until I sold it due to it sitting in the safe alot. I thought alot about 16 inch platforms for a do it all at the time.

I am thinking of moving a 1-6.5X Bushnell to my new PWS UXR in .308.

So what is like the 1-6.5X Bushnell
    Steiner PX-4 1X-4X (I know I did not talk about this one but it is one of the scopes I went to right when Version 1 came out)
    What is like the 3-9X VX-R Patrol Firedot

Basically what are like these in 2024?

Is Arken decent? Athlon Optics, Vortex, or something that might be on sale? Maybe a Trijicon?

I get Expert Voice since I have one year until retirement.

If anyone is selling a 1-6.5X Bushy or know of one being sold would appreciate it or a VX-R Patrol please let me know.

•Delta Stryker 1-6x24/Trijicon 1-6 credo hx with .223 hunter bdc reticle. sfp(the two are nearly the same scope, credo may have less glass distortion on the edges and has a bigger FOV)
    •Tract toric 1-8x24 sfp
    •Primary arms PLxC 1-8x24 ffp

These are my recommendations I have used. All are made out of LOW Japan with excellent glass. If you go higher price there are more options, you won't be disappointed with any of these.

Last edited:
    Reactions: gbaby125
    I really like the Bushnell Elite 1-6.5x scopes. I have 2 that I used for 3gun and the hold overs work really well with 77gr ammo @ 2700fps. For 308 I really like the Vortex Razor 1-6 with the JM reticle, a bit heavy but a great scope.