• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes scopes with ranging reticles???

alpha6164

Minuteman
Oct 3, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
I have two NF scopes with NP-R2 reticles which i like quite a bit. I was looking at one of the IOR scopes that has a ranging reticle and quite like the idea of being able to range quickly without any calculations or math, etc.

I know NF also has the NP-1RR scope which is similar but unfortunately does not come in their compact line. I am looking for a scope with max 8-10x power for a semi 308. Can you guys name any other brand or lines of scopes with similar ranging type reticles.

Here is the IOR that i like. It basically ranges a 24" tall object (torso) from 200-800yards.

HR5.jpg

Re: scopes with ranging reticles???

My S&B 4-16 with the P4F reticle has those ranging lines but I am not sure what they represent as far as range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: alpha6164</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was looking at one of the IOR scopes that has a ranging reticle and quite like the idea of being able to range quickly without any calculations or math, etc.

</div></div>

Had scopes with them in there. Never used them. Didn't come across too many 24" targets and would want a more precise ranging anyways with a precision rifle. Maybe if you were on a two way shooting range they might come in handy but don't see much use for them for my kind of shooting.

You could just make a range card with 24" using mildots to do the same thing.

i have a khales ZF95 10x with the #104 reticule which is a ranging reticule ... PM me if your interested