• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Scoping a SOCOM 16

Witch_Doctor

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
I don't really dig the whole forward mounted scope, been running a an Ultimak with an M3, Its fun for fast acquisition and CQB play, but I am thinking about doing a Sadlak mount with either a short dot or a 2.5-8 and scraping the Ultimak for a traditional handguard. I am leaning more toward the 2.5-8 for pushing it out to 600yds. I have no experiiance with the short dot or the 2.5-8. Any suggestions? I was looking at the Leupy MR/T 2.5-8, an SN-4, or the SN-4S on the samplelist.

Re: Scoping a SOCOM 16

Definately go with a 30mm tube and I would run an arms mount and have Springfield Armory fit the mount to your reciever. These are things I have learned the hard way!!

You will need lots of adjustment because the mounts and recievers are not always in line with the bore.

I would run a leupold 1.5-5 ill spr mrt scope(30mm with m2 turrets)

I've got a Scout with a Leupold 2.5X scout scope on it. Pretty precise out to 200yds, hits on a 16" gong at 500 aren't to hard once you get the hold over.
I've also got a LRB M-25 with a 3.5 X 10 Vari-X III on it. That setup runs out of elevation at 650 yds.
I'm looking to replace the Vari-X III with the Leupold Mark 4 2.5 X 8 because it has 100 minutes of adjustment.

Whatever you do, definitely let Springfield Armory do the lining up. They are good to go.

I like the 2x8x30mm option also. Leupold makes a very nice scout scope

Good Luck

I also have had pains getting a glass setup on my socom II it goes back to springfield maybe 3X9 trig

I understand that the receiver groove on the commersial M1A is not always USGI spec, but that is not the case on mine. I did the Sadlak Inspection Kit, and it was within USGI spec. I am looking for feedback on a good mid-range scope that can take the abuse from a M1A. I am leaning toward a SN-4, but I am kinda liking the idea of the 2.5 to 8 in either Leupy of NF.

Consider the Bushnell 1.2- 8x elite 6500 scope. It does it all: down the hall CQB: check. Long range (longer than a 16" can handle:) check.

Only down side is the reticle is a tad fine for the runnin and gunnin stuff, and it is a duplex reticle. I know my comeups & manage fine.