• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Scored a new 3 jaw on ebay!

ken226

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Sep 16, 2009
Washington
I bought a "new old stock' 3 jaw chuck for 150.00 on ebay that the seller got from a lot of tools he got from a shop that went out of business. He listed it as "probably chinese" but with no logos or identifying marks. I assumed it was a grizzly or something and bought it assuming I'd save 20.00 over buying it from grizzly directly. It was described as new or lightly used.

When i got it, it was indeed new and a little research revealed that it was a "Gibraltar" brand 3 jaw, part number 93220770. This one: Manual Lathe Chucks | MSCDirect.com

Now i'm feeling kinda guilty! I never score like this, I sure hope karma doesn't come back and bite me in the ass!!

What do ya think

The seller didn't want it, didn't care to do enough research on it (or did and wanted the $150 more than expending the effort to get the higher price), is happy with the $150 and has more room with it gone.

Somewhere you donated to Wounded Warriors, helped someone with a flat tire on the side of the road or were just a nice guy. Sounds like Karma is paying you back for all that. And if you haven't earned the Karma points then donate to Wounded Warriors or Salvation Army to get some Karma points and dont worry about it.

Congrats and good score.

Now I feel better :) Thanks.

I've donated to the wounded warrior project, furniture to the salvation army several times, and twice saved someones life.

Once I came upon a young girl trapped in a car that had just crashed, actually was still rolling when i stopped and performed CPR untill EMTs arrived. She was about 16. This was on I-10 at about milemarker 276 just east of Tucson.

Also once a lady in the seat in front of me had a heart attack on Kolb, near Speedway in Tucson. Again, i performed CPR untill EMTs arrived, as her husband stood by dumbfounded with no idea what to do. I'm certifed as a "professional rescuer" and both times just happened to be there. Maybe thats what this is about :) !!!!

Last edited:
There are some really good deals to be had - one just has to invest some time to find 'em. Congrats on the score!

Good score.

I was going to post "It's cast iron don't go crazy with the revs". But what is the upper RPM limit for a cast iron chuck? We were told about 1200 at trade school, but that must vary with the diameter.