• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scored a new Stock last weekend.

Facemelter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2012
Cincy,Ohio
Picked up a SA take off H&S precision black with grey web stock from a local gun shop. Paid 60 bucks for it.

Now I can get rid of this crappy Hogue stock and use it for its real purpose,a canoe paddle.

Also just inletted it for my PTG DBM with my drill press and a cross slide vise and end mill. If I had to do it all over again,Ill send it out. That job sucks without the proper equipment.

Im trying to post pics,but my computer here at work wont let me upload. Let me try a different computer.

Looks like I have a smidge more work to inlet this thing and that will be done.

The odd looking thing you see on the comb is a cheek riser I'm making from a piece of foam from a kneeling pad and some Moleskin. Fit and function it pretty damn good,and it feels at home when I have my head down on the rifle. I never took the sunshade off the scope from the last shooting session,it was pretty bright that day.

Just a quick note for those of you wondering for fitment purposes,that is a Vortex PST 6-24x50 sitting in Vortex Low rings and a EGW 20 MOA base.

After I get all of my stuff together for airbrushing,Ill try my hand at some painting on this stock too,along with some marine tex for some grippy and Devcon for some bedding. I think Bass Pro carries the marine tex stuff.

Attachments

• r700-1.jpg
    r700-1.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 14
  • r700-2.JPG
    r700-2.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 12
Back when I first got into bolt guns I traded my AR for a savage tactic LEII in 308 and a mossberg 590 tacticool 12 gauge. The guy told me it was a harris bi-pod. Later to find out it was a cheap shitty knock off (the one pictured). I didnt know what to look for and just took his word for it.

It was funny,I did the inletting at my Dads place and I told him I need a cheek riser and I mentioned I had some soft foam at home. He told me to hang on and was gone a few minutes. Came back with two foam kneeling pads and a 30 foot roll of some thick moleskin. He put it in my truck and told me to "make it work".

I noticed on the front part of this stock,it has a some what open area with webbing. Would it be possible to fill this with some thing? Maybe add a little bit of weight to it?