• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading Equipment Scott Parker Lyman OHAUS "M5" Beam Scales.

bigjake83

Golden Shellback
Minuteman
  • May 19, 2013
    Southern Idaho
    For Sale is a Scott Parker Tuned Lyman M5 Bean Scale.

I've had several inquiries about this scale from people requesting a certificate or proof of his work, the scale was tuned back in 2012 and it only came with a hand written receipt that I no longer have.

I called and spoke with Scott today and he will 100% vouch for this scale if anyone has questions, he also said he doesn't send out "certificates" with the scales he works on anyway and furthermore told me that I was an idiot for selling it at my original price that I had it listed at. Scott informed me these scales are hard to come by and were the best beam scales in it's category of their time and he sells these all day long for $275.00

So she is back up at $200.00 plus shipping. SPF

Sorry no PayPal...venmo, cash app or money order only please.

IMG_20230304_113014645.jpg
    IMG_20230304_113500961.jpg
    IMG_20230304_113043168.jpg
    IMG_20230304_113347229.jpg
    IMG_20230304_113302338.jpg
    IMG_20230304_113207763.jpg

Last edited:
    Reactions: MarshallDodge
    Free bump I would never sell my Scott Parker scale. I still use it. These are amazingly accurate. Glws

Free bump I would never sell my Scott Parker scale. I still use it. These are amazingly accurate. Glws

You ain't lying.!!

You can take one kernel of Varget powder cut it in half with a razor drop the half in the pan and the scale will reflect the difference.

Reactions: bobke
    I have one of these tuned by Scott. By far the most consistent of several beam scales I’ve used.
    I won’t part with mine - it’s a great back up that needs no power. GLWS

Reactions: bigjake83
    Are these scales still as desirable? I had no idea, and have one with original box in near mint condition, it's seen zero use with me and I've got a strong feeling was seldom used in the first place, I've just been hanging onto it for a backup and because I like the "kit" style of its vintage goodness. Just to be clear, I'm not posting mine for sale, just shocked I have something worthwhile.

Are these scales still as desirable? I had no idea, and have one with original box in near mint condition, it's seen zero use with me and I've got a strong feeling was seldom used in the first place, I've just been hanging onto it for a backup and because I like the "kit" style of its vintage goodness. Just to be clear, I'm not posting mine for sale, just shocked I have something worthwhile.
    I keep mine as an analog backup if the need arises. It is dead on consistent and a solid old tool.

The scale is good quality but the tuning by Scott Parker is what makes the value so high.

The scale is good quality but the tuning by Scott Parker is what makes the value so high.
    That makes more sense, I'd have no idea how to tell weather or not this one made a visit to him with whoever the previous owner was. For all I know it came from a flee market estate sale that the owner passed or something along those lines.

the "5" (last number in whatever the model number was) scales are the better ones though the "10" scales seemed to get more on eBay and such. The "10" scales had the threaded poise and were less consistent. Scott wouldn't work on those.

Reactions: Smerft85
    the "5" (last number in whatever the model number was) scales are the better ones though the "10" scales seemed to get more on eBay and such. The "10" scales had the threaded poise and were less consistent. Scott wouldn't work on those.
    Just looked up the m5 on ebay, there is one with no box, missing the cover, some number engraved poorly into the base and the paint flaking bad asking $65+$17 shipping, makes me feel way better about mine, tuned or not!

Reactions: Herb Stoner
    Just looked up the m5 on ebay, there is one with no box, missing the cover, some number engraved poorly into the base and the paint flaking bad asking $65+$17 shipping, makes me feel way better about mine, tuned or not!
    Start your own thread, this is the classifieds.Not a place for bullshitting .