• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SCOTUS Holding Secret Hearings Now? WTF Over

ArmyJerry

fukallyall
Banned !
Nov 22, 2012
Kicking Ass Somewhere
What the hell is going on with my country? First ever secret hearings by SCOTUS? Anyone know what teh hell is going on here?

WASHINGTON, DC – Chief Justice John Roberts blocked a contempt citation imposed by a D.C. federal court in a secret case supposedly involving special counsel Robert Mueller, an extraordinary action that could lead to the first secret Supreme Court hearing in American history.
Mueller’s probe – which began as investigating President Donald Trump’s election but has mushroomed into a wide-ranging inquiry involving unrelated issues such as decades-old business dealings of campaign aides and illegal activities of his disgraced former personal lawyer – apparently also includes a subpoena issued to a foreign corporation owned by some unknown foreign state to testify before a federal grand jury.

The corporation objected to that subpoena, claiming it is immune from compulsory process under the Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act (FSIA). That statute is the sole basis for U.S. courts’ claiming jurisdiction over a foreign government, including in this case a corporation owned by a foreign government.

Breitbart TV

Trump Says Flynn Got A 'Great Deal,' Accuses Mueller Team Of Catching People In 'Smallest Of Misstatements'
CLOSE | X

Chief Judge Beryl Howell disagreed with the corporation’s arguments, holding that the foreign corporation falls within an exception to the FSIA, and rejecting the corporation’s other objections to being compelled to appear before the grand jury. The Obama-appointed judge held the foreign corporation in contempt of court for not obeying the subpoena.

On appeal, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit implemented special measures to keep these proceedings secret, including clearing an entire fifth floor of the federal courthouse in Washington on December 14 during oral arguments. On December 18, a three-judge panel of the appellate court affirmed Howell’s decision.

Lawyers for the unknown foreign corporation applied for an emergency stay at the Supreme Court, directed to Roberts who has jurisdiction as circuit justice over the D.C. Circuit.

On December 23, Roberts unilaterally issued a temporary stay of the trial court’s contempt ruling. He ordered prosecutors to file a response with him opposing a stay by noon on December 31 and added that the current stay would remain in effect until further word from him or the entire Court.

Regardless of whether the stay is kept or lifted once prosecutors present their arguments in a legal brief, it is possible that the Supreme Court could grant review of this unusual case, aspects of which seem more like the plot line of a Jack Ryan movie or an episode of Showtime’s Homeland.

If so, experts are already speculating how the Supreme Court would go about hearing the case. Quick research reveals no instance where the Court has heard arguments in a case where media reporters and the public were barred from the proceedings.

It is, thus, unclear whether the oral arguments would be public with certain sensitive matters explained in sealed filings to the court or if the justices would hear their first-ever secret arguments. If the Court opts for the latter approach, it is currently unclear whether the courtroom would be sealed during arguments or the hearing would be held in some other room in the Supreme Court building.

All this dramatic speculation may turn out to be completely unfounded, and this case may be no big deal. But as of Christmas Eve, curiosity is growing to understand what is going on in this case that has now attracted the attention of the chief justice of the United States. A second ruling on the application for a stay is likely in the first days of January.

The application for a stay in In re Grand Jury Subpoena is No. 18A699 in the Supreme Court of the United States, and the case is No. 18-3071 in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.

The Obama Administration criminally abused FISA within hours of taking power. Secret courts are completely unconstitutional, and historically nightmarish. Did the American people suddenly become completely retarded to allow this criminal bullshit? This is Bush bullshit meant for terrorists, but turned on is immediately...immediately. What other outcome could they have possibly expected.
96B740A4-B087-4862-B688-60C9D48AE8AA.jpeg

" statute is the sole basis for U.S. courts’ claiming jurisdiction over a foreign government". What sovereign government in its right mind would ever agree to a US court having jurisdiction over it? Furthermore, it seems a bit presumptuous for a US court to even think it would have jurisdiction over the government of another country.

" statute is the sole basis for U.S. courts’ claiming jurisdiction over a foreign government". What sovereign government in its right mind would ever agree to a US court having jurisdiction over it? Furthermore, it seems a bit presumptuous for a US court to even think it would have jurisdiction over the government of another country.
Seems funny right...
Check these fucks for a monstrous version of said - EU - UN

R

I'm not sure why folks are upset with Roberts on this. Didn't he just put a hold on the fine the foreign co was incurring by not complying with the subpoena?

I'm not sure why folks are upset with Roberts on this. Didn't he just put a hold on the fine the foreign co was incurring by not complying with the subpoena?

As if the foreign company/gov't was ever going to pay it? If I was running that gov't I'd tell the US court to pound sand. Of course I know the world is a bit more complicated than that, but........in a lot of cases it shouldn't be, and that is part of the problem.
In fact I'd go so far as to say, that's the end game, make shit so complicated no one can figure it out, so you can come back with multiple meanings to everything, in your/gov't favor of course. It's a difficult game to play when the other side can make the rules up as they go along, and you have to play by them.

Reactions: gigamortis
As if the foreign company/gov't was ever going to pay it? If I was running that gov't I'd tell the US court to pound sand. Of course I know the world is a bit more complicated than that, but........in a lot of cases it shouldn't be, and that is part of the problem.
In fact I'd go so far as to say, that's the end game, make shit so complicated no one can figure it out, so you can come back with multiple meanings to everything, in your/gov't favor of course. It's a difficult game to play when the other side can make the rules up as they go along, and you have to play by them.

Ah, but there is the thing, why should we abide by their rules?

True, but it's like everything else, ATF, IRS, etc, etc. They win because you have to play by their rules. I don't really want to be the example for bucking my state, or fed rules, know what I mean?

Reactions: SilentStalkr
I've been saying for some time that books offering warnings about the coming future dystopia such as 1984, brave new world, Fahrenheit 451 and such were being used instead as the modern instruction manuals for the Technocrats/communists/SJWs etc.

Apparently Franz Kafka's, "The Trial" is now the instruction manual for our judicial system.

Reactions: Blutroop