• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scout Rifle Scope Suggestions

Re: Scout Rifle Scope Suggestions

Were and how much. Ive been looking for one of these EVERYWERE!

If you decide to mount it in the traditional mounting (above action) You really cant go wrong with this scope linked below...Ive got one and love it...thought it would be a cheap "throw away" scope...nope...heavy duty as hell for the money....and damn clear too....

Mine sits on an M14 Scout...

http://www.swfa.com/pc-13603-1467-sightmark-15-5x30-tactical-30mm-rifle-scope.aspx

Where did I get it?

$609.50. Ordered a few months ago through a local Savage dealer who used "the disributor across the street from the factory".

Thanks for the recommendation, longrange**** But it is a forward of action mounted scope for the Savage Scout.

You have an image of that burris timberline mounted?

That $150 budget isnt going to get you a great scout scope. Leupold makes a very nice 2.5x and the aimpoint 2moa scopes are the best choices.

The Swift "red ring" currently mounted has BaK7 Schott glass made in PA with the same eye relief as the Leupold Scout Scope. I took it out the other day and it is working fine thus far. If it breaks I'll send it back for a new one. If it breaks again maybe somebody will have a real scout scope other than an overrated pistol scope with a "scout" label. There really isn't that much out there to choose from. I finished up under budget. Total rig with add-ons cost about $895. Not too bad for an out of the box accuracy rifle. What I like about the low Leupold QRW mounts is that the vertical reticle creates another site with the rear iron ghost ring. A sort of "tombstone" site for a lack of a better word. Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm either a maverick or an idiot going with the Swift but I won't hesitate to report back if it breaks or under performs.