• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scout Supply Company .260 - WOW

The Busby

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 7, 2011
TN
My new 260 showed up today after being built by Russell Banks at Scout Supply Company in La Grange TX. The build started as a 700P in .308. Russell rebarreled with a Rock Creek 260 match barrel finished at 24" in a M24 taper. Trued the action and bolt. Trigger to just over 2 lbs. Threaded for brake/can. Duracoat in a slate gray. PTG .260 match reamer on the chamber. The finish is perfect, the machining is superb, and the action feels perfect. I'm off to K&M tomorrow for a match. Will report when I have downrange data. VERY satisfied with the rifle. Give Russell a call for your next build.

THANKS Russell !!!

34gn3wn.jpg

1zxus82.jpg

r9j22r.jpg

2i1kodj.jpg

4uyniv.jpg

2dt1xq9.jpg

2rote7p.jpg

Re: Scout Supply Co .260 arrived today--THANKS Russell

Is Russell at member here? La Grange is only a few hours away from me in San Antonio.......

Russell built mine and I couldnt be happier. Working on a range report write up for it. Mine too started out as a 700P but I had russell throw on a rock m24 contour and true up the action. needless to say the rifle is an absolute laser. Russell is definitely GTG.

Russell is a member here....SSC is his handle. Other info below.

Russell Banks
Scout Supply Company, LLC
2324 Owl Creek Road
La Grange TX 78945
979-743-6355
www.scoutsupplycompany.com

Very nice! Russell really does nice work!

Russell is a really nice guy and by the looks of it, does very nice work. Russell is about to do a short barreled .243 for me. Ill be shipping him the parts as soon as I get my barrel back from being fluted.

Give Russell a call.

Zero'd the rifle today and put 3 rounds on paper at 100 yards. First 2 were same hole (top) I pulled the 3rd a bit. With ammo I just loaded last night, and with no time left before I left for K&M, loaded 200 rounds .005 of the lands with 140 grain Berger Hybrids, Lapua brass, and 42 grains H4350. Put my dope on for 1000 yards with a second round hit on steel. I'm glad no one was around to see my ridiculous grin from ear to ear. Man this rifle will shoot.

k47ehl.jpg

looks good, but you seemed to have already scratched it!

nice stick and a good start on load development. Another .260 that shoots tiny group, I doesn't get old at all.
congrats, it is my favorite cal afterall.

Just returned from K&M for their Panhandle match. Shannon and Brian are great guys, and the facility is RIDICULOUS. If you haven't been....GO !!

The rifle performed perfectly. I got the gun on Wednesday, loaded 200 rounds .005" off the lands, and left town Thursday morning. As unprepared as I was, I scratched out a 10th place finish and couldn't be happier with the rifle. In fact, on the 940 yard stage, we had 5 rounds to impact as many times as we could on a 20" plate. The mirage was kicking, and wind was constantly changing. Most folks were getting 0 hits.....it was HARD.

I dialed my dope, first and second round misses, held low left, and impacted the last 3.

The rifle is a LASER !!! Thanks again Russell.