• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Screamin' deal on Howa 6 Creedmoor hunter barreled action

That's nuts. You can't find a bare action for that price.
That's very much my take on it. I mean, I don't need to spend the money right now, and a little more than a year ago I basically built very nearly this same gun (Howa 1500 barreled action, 8-twist Brux #3/medium sporter finished at 22" chambered in 6mm Creedmoor) at considerably higher overall cost.... but at that price, how can I justify not buying one?

That's very much my take on it. I mean, I don't need to spend the money right now, and a little more than a year ago I basically built very nearly this same gun (Howa 1500 barreled action, 8-twist Brux #3/medium sporter finished at 22" chambered in 6mm Creedmoor) at considerably higher overall cost.... but at that price, how can I justify not buying one?
Buy the action, blow out the barrel (6cm won't take too long), rebarrel as you see fit.

You sold me. Bought one. Add in a 3 buck lee primer pocket scraper and code vsc got me 25 bucks off :p
If I convince someone else to spend money, that cancels out my spending, right? That's how that works? :p

Figured it would be irresponsible not to get one. Thanks for the heads up

• Haha
Reactions: clark33
Thank you for this thread. I bought one just now. Always wanted a 6MM C. What stock/chassis will you pair with this?

Normal me would normally buy this impulsively but I need to control myself. Especially now that I'm suppressor shopping and it's gonna take a good hit to my wallet.

On the other hand, I could buy the Howa and do a 16.5" or maybe 18" 22CM and use my suppressor on it...

Thank you for this thread. I bought one just now. Always wanted a 6MM C. What stock/chassis will you pair with this?
I'll probably go with something from Boyd's; the price is right, and the aesthetic with the hunter-weight barrel will be, too.

The lady's birthday is in October and she has been shooting the piss out of my Havak 6mm, this will be the start of her very own build.

Well that wasn't on my itinerary for the day! Neither was the brass I got with it. Ive been wanting to try a Howa BA. Thanks for the heads up! And the discount code too. Those are always appreciated.

In on this too... $235 shipped to my ffl :)

Missed that $25 off coupon and used a $15 off... :(

In on this too... $235 shipped to my ffl :)

Missed that $25 off coupon and used a $15 off... :(
Before or after taxes? What about shipping? Mine came to $252.97 after shipping, taxes, and ffl charge (including the $25 off.)

Not that $20 bucks matters on a deal like this, just wondering what the difference was.

I'm a EDGE member, shipping and ffl fee's are free. That was my delivered price. :)

Reactions: SDBguy95
Y’all think that barrel is thick enough at the muzzle to thread 5/8x24?
From what I can tell (I am guessing, based on an old Howa catalog that listed muzzle diameters for various barrel lengths), it'll accept a 1/2-28 thread with an appropriate shoulder, and a 9/16-24 thread if you don't care too much about shoulder diameter... but I'd guess that a 5/8-24 would be a non-starter.

Now what stock would make a nice light weight hunting rifle for 5’6” woman

Now what stock would make a nice light weight hunting rifle for 5’6” woman

I'm looking for a good hunting stock as well. Open to suggestions on something lightweight.

Maybe an oryx or Boyd's? I'd rather not have to mess with bedding the Boyds though...

For a stock, take a look at the Bell and Carlson M40 for the Howa short action(285.00$), it weighs in at 2.5 pounds with out bottom metal. You know, just for the price, the action alone is worth it.

These Brownells deals on these Howa BA's has actually pushed me over the cliff as far as getting into the bolt-gun thing, and with this deal I think I managed to pull one of my buddies in too lol.

I went for the 6mm CM 26" semi-heavy threaded BA at $439 though, added a 20MOA EGW rail to my order, $50 off $500 coupon code "VSD", $450ish shipped. Figured it'd cost me at least $125-150 down the road to get the 22" threaded if I ever wanted it done, so using the coupon code it's about the same cost give or take. Plus now I'll have a gun that's taller than my wife probably lol.
Then got lucky and caught the last Bravo chassis at KRG's Labor Day Blem sale for $300... so about $700 all-in for a fairly respectable rig minus glass, not bad (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: FrozenMinnesotan
These Brownells deals on these Howa BA's has actually pushed me over the cliff as far as getting into the bolt-gun thing, and with this deal I think I managed to pull one of my buddies in too lol.

I went for the 6mm CM 26" semi-heavy threaded BA at $439 though, added a 20MOA EGW rail to my order, $50 off $500 coupon code "VSD", $450ish shipped. Figured it'd cost me at least $125-150 down the road to get the 22" threaded if I ever wanted it done, so using the coupon code it's about the same cost give or take. Plus now I'll have a gun that's taller than my wife probably lol.
Then got lucky and caught the last Bravo chassis at KRG's Labor Day Blem sale for $300... so about $700 all-in for a fairly respectable rig minus glass, not bad (y)
I'd look at a arken ep4 for just a bit more

The B&C's are come with pillars don't they? Or as an option?

My normal set up is the 6.5 barreled action and a blem bravo. You won't be dissapointed. Had it out to a mile last week.

Attachments

• Ballistic-X-Export-2020-08-22 19:08:55.640799.png
    Ballistic-X-Export-2020-08-22 19:08:55.640799.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 56
Reactions: CK1.0
The B&C stocks use a full aluminum rail embedded in the fiberglass that the action is mounted to.

This is a great deal. Have 3 Howa/Vanguard actions and my only complaint is manners not inletting for them and lack of better AICS bottom metals. (PTG makes one but it’s no Hawkins or APA)

Anyone know the muzzle OD on the standard contour? Possible to thread it?

This is a great deal. Have 3 Howa/Vanguard actions and my only complaint is manners not inletting for them and lack of better AICS bottom metals. (PTG makes one but it’s no Hawkins or APA)

When did Manners stop inletting for Howa actions? I have a few from them and was hoping to get another.

When did Manners stop inletting for Howa actions? I have a few from them and was hoping to get another.

Dont know exactly when they quit but I was told “We are no longer inletting for Weatherby or Howas” via email last December. I was ready to buy an EH1A for a Weatherby Vanguard LA.

If they tell you different let me know. I’ve got 3 Howa/Vanguards I’ve been trying to figure out what I want to do with them. One is probably going to LRI and he said he could inlet a flattop Manners for it but I’ve been kinda miffed about them shunning them and looking at other options but I’d rather have a Manners.

Last edited:
That sucks. I’ll give them a call to double check

Please do. Maybe more calls will help show the interest/desire and get them to start inletting them again. I've got 5 manners stocks already for other rifles and I'd be in for 3 more for my Vanguard/Howas.

@tmanners - please go back to inletting for these? :)

Good news, contacted Manners and they said they will inlet for a short action only. Sounds like we’re good to go.

Partially good news for me at least (y)

unfortunately I still have 3 long actions.

My FFL just received mine and I am hoping to start my DROS Stat.
Build specs:

KRG Bravo
Preffered Remage 6.5 creedmoor 1/8 22"
Timney Trigger
Area 419 Brake

Very Excited for this project!!!

My FFL got my two BA in. I am pretty excited for a couple experimental projects to play with. I wanted to do a short barrel rifle, so I have a pistol chassis I picked up from Brownells on sale to really see how I like a short and compact folder. For the second one, I have a KRG blem chassis coming to do a short barrel 6.5 creed/6 creed. For $1,100 bucks I picked up two complete chassis rifles close to the price of one new chassis rifle from Howa. Yeah, the barrel is not threaded and is a sporter, but I was already gonna have to go with custom barrels for my fun.

This summer, I set up a Howa 1500 for my brother and got to break it in from scratch. I was impressed enough to pull the trigger twice on this deal... Howa makes a solid product and the HACT triggers are amazing for a factory trigger. A spring modification and they are so close as to be indistinguishable from basic custom Rem 700 triggers. There is no material difference in my shooting between my TT and the HACT when the weights are the same.

Mine showed up yesterday. My only regret is that I didn't buy three of them.