• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Screech Owl 700 Chassis?

mark5pt56

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2005
Florida
Anyone here with one that can provide feedback, good or bad?

Since it doesn't appear we will be seeing the CZ Trail anytime soon, was thinking about going the SO route. Something to monkey around with, no particular purpose, short, handy and accurate. Most likely 16" .223, again, no particular purpose other to have a fun little gun.

The chassis is really nice with a Howa mini.
I've shot them in a couple of different configurations.

There's a mini for sale in the classifieds and you could just swap the stock for the chassis and then sell off the other stock.
The seller is also from FL.

IIRC, the one in the PX is 20" but it is pretty cheap to cut and rethread to 16".

OR, you could contact Joel and see how much one would cost already setup...

Forgot to mention, leaning on the Impact 737 for this. No experience with the Howa's

Well that changes everything.
I can't offer any help on the 700 sized chassis because I haven't shot them.
I've had my hands on them and they are nice.
You might want to ask Joel if there is any issue with some of the wider recoil lugs.

Good idea, yeah might be a wee bit, think I'm hitting the new Spear LT first.