• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Screw it...Camoflage!!

SgtKope

Back from a long vacation
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2008
Maryland/DC/Pennsylvania
$1400 stock meets $10 worth of Krylon....

caecc107.jpg

Re: Screw it...Camoflage!!

do you think the rifle cares what color it is or if it's pretty? i wouldnt care if it was 20k i would still paint with 10 bucks worth of krylon if the end justifies the means.

looks good by the way. you gonna do the whole stick?

That was my reasoning also. The best part about Krylon is if you don't like it just spray it again. I think I probably will do the whole thing. More to follow....

That's a nice looking color scheme and nice job on the paint. Have you mounted a barreled action and taken it out to 1K yet. Just curious how these chasis are performing. I am really happy with the AICS. Just haven't sold myself on these yet.

I plan on testing it next weekend . Need to do some load development too. Anyone have a good recipe for 300WM?

Sorry for my ignorance, but what stock is that??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigDKC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry for my ignorance, but what stock is that?? </div></div>

TacMod SCS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SgtKope</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigDKC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry for my ignorance, but what stock is that?? </div></div>

TacMod SCS
</div></div>

Cool, I hadn't seen that one! Would love to see a close up pic of the folding mechanism if you have one. No biggie if you don't though!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HillbillyfromAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get an Egro grip for that thing. Looks good and let us know how she shoots man. </div></div>

Shoots like a frickin laser. 1/2 MOA from 880yds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok, enough with the pretty pictures......how do you like the stock?....lol </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SgtKope</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HillbillyfromAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get an Egro grip for that thing. Looks good and let us know how she shoots man. </div></div>

Shoots like a frickin laser. 1/2 MOA from 880yds. </div></div>

A few more details when you get a chance please. You know like, ergonomics, does it shoot a ton better then any other stock configuration? so on and so on.

I love this stock. I wish it wasn't 1400 though. A folding AICS is less than a grand but not as cool looking as the TacMod.

That TacMod is a sweet looking stock. How is the bedding achieved?

It has much better ergos that my HS Precision or McMillan, never held an AICS so can't compare there. The rifle is heavy at 15lbs with stock, scope, bipod and unloaded mag. Keep in mind though that it is a 300WM with a 26" heavy barrel. I never shot this rifle out of this stock so not sure if accuracy got better with it in this stock. Let me know if you guys want to know anything else.

On a side note people say it is crazy to spend $2500 on an optic....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SgtKope</div><div class="ubbcode-body">$1400 stock meets $10 worth of Krylon....</div></div>

Well, in my opinion, the $10 of Krylon makes the $1400 look really BADASS!!

Nice job on the patterning... really nice!!

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DGUNN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> if the end justifies the means.
</div></div>
I've heard this befor..., ahhh yes van jones.

Very nice paint, colors work well together. 15# weight would have me a little worried if had to carry it very far.

I just want to know where to get it. Apparently Surgeon doesn't carry it anymore, and EGW and blackhart Intl.'s websites don't have it anymore either. Is it still in production?
confused.gif

My savage 110 likes 220grn SMK, 66.3grns of RL17, CCI magnum primers. 24" barrell yielded 2700fps with no pressure signs.

Great looking paint, going to do mine over xmas vacation.

my DTA is covered in krylon right now, love the stuff. easy to put on and easy to take off