• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Screw-on then clamp muzzlebrake

762frmafr

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
I am building a 45 caliber smokeless muzzleloader. This will shoot a 325 grain bullet in front of 65-71 grains of H4198. Needless to say, I think it will have a little kick. I am looking for a muzzlebrake that screws on then clamps in place. It will need to have quite a bit of surface area since the bore will be so large. I have contacted Benchmark to see if they can do one of theirs in a .458 bore. While I am waiting to hear back from them, does anyone know of any other manufacturers that I should consider?

Re: Screw-on then clamp muzzlebrake

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2156SMK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The badger FTE comes in 3/4-24 and 3/4-28 versions.</div></div>

That was going to be my recommendation as well. Easy on/off, and lots of effective surface area for recoil reduction. The only downside is the bulk and weight.