• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SCSSA PRECISION RIFLE MATCH-4/11/09-BHAM, AL

Re: SCSSA PRECISION RIFLE MATCH-4/11/09-BHAM, AL

Hey Larry,

You can count me in I'll be there I will e-mail you in a few.

Thanks,
Ken

hey ken glad you can make it, sending you the email with your shoot time now, larry

Larry I was just looking at the website and was wondering what was considered a benchrest type rest? Can't make it this weekend but it looks like something I might want to try. How often are the matches?

David

hi dave, we have the matches every month, always on the second saturday [except in may 09 we have it the third week as i have to be out of town for family things], the bench rest thing is not meant to be a big issue, i am refering to the type like caldwell rock front rest. you can shoot with it if you want to, we just split up the shooters usually by caliber and split out shooters using that type of rest because it may give an edge over shooting off sand bags or the like. the only type of rest we dont allow is connected front and rear rests like a caldwell lead sled. the match is a lot of fun and we usually have 10-15 shooters. i assign each shooter a shoot time [4 people shoot at the same time]by email [after you let me know by email you want to shoot the match] so you know when you will shoot [no waiting all day]. i suggest you pm me your email address and i will add you to my email distribution list. i send out an email match reminder 2 weeks before the match asking shooters to email me for a shoot time.
larry

Can't make this one with the newly arrived little one.

nathan a bipod is fine to shoot off of, you can shoot off of anything you want to, [except my head] cya at the match

hey all, just to clarify, in this match you can shoot off of any type of and/or combination of front and rear rests you want to as long as the front and rear rests are not attached and the CRO[me] determines it is safe to shoot off of. bipod, tripod, sand bag, bench rest, monopod in the back, you name it, it is fine as long as it is safe and the front and rear rests are not connected. apologies for unintended confusion, larry

hey casey, i just left you a voice mail message on your phone with my home number, give me a call back when you get a chance, thanks larry