• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SD WY NE Black hills?

Re: SD WY NE Black hills?

East of Newcastle here, right on the SD border, Hwy 16

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thermopolis, and wanting to get into some events </div></div>

Check out the Lander Valley Sportsman Assn. Worland and Cody both have good shoots.

good to see all there will be a small shoot at the Chip in sturges and I will post as soon as I know when

Wish I could join you guys - I plan to retire in Newcastle WY or Custer SD...someday!

Prefer Custer, it has trees
smile.gif

Here is the shoots that I am aware of as of now. also Aliance Ne has the 1000 yard matches

2009 shoot schedual Venue date event notes
Buffalo Chip 7-Feb frost bite classic
Buffalo Chip 21-Feb frost bite classic
Buffalo Chip 7-Mar frost bite classic
Buffalo Chip 21-Mar frost bite classic
Buffalo chip 28-Mar 2 man precision shoot
Varmint hunters 18-Apr 600 IBS
Buffalo chip 7-May sporting clay league
Buffalo chip 14-May sporting clay league
Varmint hunters 16-May 600 IBS
Buffalo chip 21-May sporting clay league
Buffalo chip 28-May sporting clay league
Buffalo chip 30-May 2 man precision shoot
goose creek tactical range 1-Jun tactical multi gun tenative not sure
Buffalo chip 4-Jun sporting clay league
Buffalo chip 11-Jun sporting clay league
Varmint hunters 20-Jun 600 IBS
Buffalo chip 27-Jun 2 man precision shoot
Varmint hunters 31-Jul 600 IBS
D&L sports S.A.T.A 21-23-Aug International Tactical Riflemans Championship
Varmint hunters 19-Sep 600 IBS
deep creek outfiters 19-Sep multi gun possibly the 26th of sep

That is about a 5 hr drive from Yankton. It is about a 6 1/2 hr drive for me.It is something to do. Not many places to shoot 1000. There is some wind up there. It should be a fun time.

I am also from Yankton. I've shot alliance, grand island and some of the trap and skeet ranges spread across eastern SD and NE.

Hey I live just 35 miles south of Yankton, SD. Always looking for people to shoot with. I have a place to shoot beyond a 1000 yards in my backyard as soon as the corn is harvested. Right now I am limited to about 700 yards.

Hey all, central Nebraska here. Always willing to do a bit of driving to shoot.

Also, Heartland Public Shooting park in Grand Island has 200, 300, and 600 yard ranges open the second Sunday of every Month. Concrete benches and covered shooting line. Nice range, a bit tricky reading the wind as you shoot THROUGH THE FRONT BERMS. They have large culverts through a the front berms to try and help keep projectiles from leaving the park.

http://www.heartlandpublicshootingpark.com/

bebberson, give us a shout when you are planning on some shooting!!

Brookings SD here, for school anyway. Spend most of my shooting at the 1000m private range my cousin and I built out west river.
I am def NOT precision what so ever, but do enjoy hitting the 800m moa gong on occasion. good enough for the 75gr pills slung from my gas gun.

oh, and as for Gary's 2 out in Winner...
Not sure about details, but he had an M82A1 on the counter last time i was through. As well as a Ruger Charger with the Archangel Kit and a suppressor attached.
The thing I like the most, is whenever Garys in Sioux Falls is out of something...or Scheels or Cabelas for that matter, Gary's 2 in Winner has it in stock and usually a couple bucks cheaper

Alliance Nebraska has a match on the 29th of May. It will be a F-Class match shot at 800,900, and 1000 yards. I shot it last year. The wind plays with you but is a great time. I might make it for this.

howdy all gillette,wyoming here and waiting for some nice weather to shoot some.anyone looking for a shooting partner in my neck of the woods send me a pm and maybe we could do some shooting. got plenty of places to shoot.p-dogs also

I'd have to say we have enough NE WY people on here to all get together for some kind of a praire dog outing or bash of some kind...Your thoughts?

We have had one slot open up in our PM30 Course at the Varmint Hunter Association Range in Ft. Pierre, SD. I would like to invite one SD Hide Member to attend at no cost. This is last minute, so hopefully someone's schedule will work.

Dates are Monday, June 14-16, 2010. You can contact me via email or phone. If I miss your call, please leave a message.

Thanks and we hope to see one of you guys/girls with us next week.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cinch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd have to say we have enough NE WY people on here to all get together for some kind of a praire dog outing or bash of some kind...Your thoughts? </div></div>

I would be game for that.

Man, we won't be doing shit if it never quits raining. This is unreal...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cinch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man, we won't be doing shit if it never quits raining. This is unreal... </div></div>
i hear you on that, but the grass is gonna be tall, and the elk and deer are gonna be eatin good.

Rained most of the day yesterday, most of the day today. Grass in the field is very tall already. The bad thing about the grass growing is there will be a lot more fuel for fire season. Will be great for the animals though. I have already seen some nice antelope.