• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sear problem... trigger... or ??? Bighorn SR3 LA trigger tech primary trigger

DIBBS

Old Mountain Man-Tired occasionally Grumpy SOB
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 21, 2008
    WARSHington State
    Bighorn SR3 LA, trigger tech primary trigger, 300 WM, KRG Bravo stock.

Rifle has ~ 300 rounds through it, 200 by previous owner.

While at the range today doing load development, the sear quit holding the firing pin back. After I got home I removed action from the stock and blew trigger out with compressed air (didn't clean with lighter fluid based on manufacturers recommendation). I did turn in the trigger adjustment for maximum poundage. It doesn't matter if you close the bolt slowly or quickly, the sear does not restrain/hold firing pin. If I put the safety on and close the bolt, and release the safety, it will hold the firing pin in place the majority of the time. Closing the bolt with the safety off releases the firing pin.

Anything else that I can check/fiddle with tonight? I plan to call trigger tech tomorrow morning.

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like it needs to go back to TT, since that trigger has no sear engagement adjustment. Its internal adjustment is out, or its damaged internally.

Thanks @Supersubes . Much appreciated.

I thought that might be the case, because it was working fine and then it wasn't. I'm not familiar with the triggers-this is the only one I own, but as you mentioned I could not find anything for sear adjustment.

Also I didn't see any loose trigger pins or anything else that looked out of place. Unfortunately I don't have a spare trigger to swap out.

I'll give Trigger Tech a call in the morning.

Reactions: Supersubes