• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft search came up with nothing...

Texas_Republic

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2009
Texas
Been looking for some instruction/opinions on accurately mounting scope, breaking in barrel, zeroing, etc. I searched for a thread but didnt find anything. Someone kindly point me in the right direction? Thanks.
smile.gif

Re: search came up with nothing...

did you happen to look at every forth or fifth thread?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cf7go</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HAHAH LMFAO!</div></div>
yep! popcorn worthiness

try the ggogle search in my signature. my first try putting in "mounting a scope" produced more than enough information.

here's a freebee:
LOW BUDGET .22 TRAINER - base / scope / bipod / bore site PART 1

LOW BUDGET .22 TRAINER - base / scope / bipod / bore site PART 2

barrel break in - some say it's worth it, some says there's no need to. search and form your own opinion.

zeroing depends on your caliber, what you are using the rifle for, and what ranges you plan on shooting.

You forgot Counter Sniper scopes, MIL vs MOA and spin drift

cf7go. From your helpful reply, its obvious you know everything there is to know about long distance shooting. I apologize for wasting your time. Next time dont waste your precious time replying. Geez. What an douche...

I am aware that I was somehow missing the search results using the hide's search engine. After I googled it with sniperhide in the text a lot of stuff came up. Thanks for the help guys.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Texas Republic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">cf7go. From your helpful reply, its obvious you know everything there is to know about long distance shooting. I apologize for wasting your time. Next time dont waste your precious time replying. Geez. What an douche... </div></div>
are you fuckin serious dude? Don't ask dumbass questions and get offended when you get dumbass answers! There is a lot more reading to be done and less questions for now

That's fine and all, but acting like that in response to a simple question is out of line. Says a lot about a person in my book

I don't understand the whole breaking in a barrel concept. It's just like breaking in an engine. Drive it, but don't push it too hard. Same with a rifle, shoot it, but don't put crazy hot loads through it. Then make sure to clean it well afterwards. I break it in by sighting it in at the range.

Barrel break in: place loaded round in chamber, close bolt, point toward target, squeeze trigger. When boom is heard, barrel is broken in. 99.9999999% of all rifles will shoot better with fouling in the barrel. After a couple hundred rounds, clean it a little, wipe it down, and go shoot some more. Zeroing should be second nature to anyone