• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Search for California police chief's missing gun leads to coverup and innocent family detained without warrant.

Blue Sky Country

Urban Cowboy
Minuteman
  • NOTE: Sensitive subject matter. Please try to keep discussion civil.

A few weeks ago, remember the California police chief who had accidentally left her loaded gun in a restaurant bathroom only to have it stolen? Well it seems like this case has now spawned a whole crop of fuckery...

Article:

----------
    The search for the pistol that San Luis Obispo Police Chief Deanna Cantrell lost in a bathroom stall resulted in an apparently illegal search of a home without a warrant and the arrest of a couple on charges of child neglect for having a messy house. And, new information points to Cantrell’s efforts to keep the news of her loss quiet despite her claim that she immediately reported the stolen gun.
    -----
    -----
    Shortly before 7 p.m., a group of five detectives were dispatched to a home on O’Connor Way after an officer said a man who lived in the home resembled the man in the video.
    However, the dispatch log shows the officers were sent to El Pollo Loco on Los Osos Valley Road for a lost property report.
    -----
    -----
    The group of police drew the attention of a man living in the house with his wife and two children. The man, who is not being identified by CalCoastNews, came out to ask the officers what was going on. The man had a full beard and mustache.
    -----
    -----

Even so, detectives Jason Dickel and Suzie Walsh told the man that they knew he had stolen the chief’s pistol and ordered him to tell them where it was, the man said. He told the officers he had been in Atascadero with his wife and two children at a medical appointment and that he had not been at El Pollo Loco in SLO.
    -----
    -----
    The man’s wife and the couple’s two daughters also came out of the house and spoke with officers.
    The wife said she offered to call the doctor so he could confirm they were in Atascadero at the time the gun was stolen, but the detectives said no. The wife said she heard several officers noting her husband clearly was not the clean-shaven man seen in the video. Walsh then asked the man if she could search his home. He asked if she had a warrant.
    -----
    -----

“Jason Dickel said I was on probation and he did not need a warrant,” the man said. “I told him I had court documents showing it was another family member who was on probation, but he did not want to see the documents. He said ‘you have the gun and we are going in to get it.’”
    -----
    -----
    After the officers entered the house and kicked down the parents’ bedroom door, they arrested the man and his wife on charges of child neglect. The house was unclean, officers said, and they took the children into county custody.
    The girls, 7 and 9, remained in the police station until after 2 p.m. the next day, the man’s wife said.
    -----
    -----

In support of removing the children from their parents’ custody, Carrie Bailey, a county social worker, claimed a photograph taken in the parents’ bedroom of paraphernalia was taken in the children’s bedroom. When asked about the misstatement, Debra Barriger, a deputy county counsel, said the county is not permitted to disclose information about child custody issues.
    ----------

More on the article linked above.

Last edited:
    This happened in Dallas last year - Lupe done gone loopy and lost her pistol

Seems like these ladies keep misplacing their guns. Luckily for TX Lupe left office to run against Greg Abbott for state governor and got her ass handed to her.

----------
    Valdez said Tuesday that Abbott was using the investigation into the missing gun to distract voters from the need for policies to curb gun violence.
    ----------

Good beatdown. Now she knows why she lost the election.

----------
    ...but I will not be strong-armed from keeping him accountable for his failures or be silenced on the need for gun reform."
    ----------

Fuck off.

This happened in Dallas last year - Lupe done gone loopy and lost her pistol

Seems like these ladies keep misplacing their guns. Luckily for TX Lupe left office to run against Greg Abbott for state governor and got her ass handed to her.
    How in the HELL does this happen?? I mean, when I have to drop my pants and IF (BIG IF) I have to un-holster my weapon, I set it where I can see it and it sure as hell can't fall on the floor or anything and it is always on my mind. WTF?? Mac:unsure:

How in the HELL does this happen?? I mean, when I have to drop my pants and IF (BIG IF) I have to un-holster my weapon, I set it where I can see it and it sure as hell can't fall on the floor or anything and it is always on my mind. WTF?? Mac:unsure:

Agree fully. If you cannot keep track of something as important as a firearm that is on your person, you should not be carrying or owning a firearm.

The only time I had lost something important (non-firearm) in a fashion that remotely approaches that of the articles above was when I had been muscling a hand truck filled with sacks of rice and jugs of soy sauce down the steep basement stairs of a restaurant in Lower Manhattan and my work phone in a cheap belt holder was sheared off by a rail on the hand truck. Did not notice until I got back in my truck and had driven on for quite a bit. The phone was also a cheap affair but it was my only contact with the company's dispatch office. By the time I got a replacement from a nearby wireless store, the folks back at the office thought something had happened to my ass. Good thing I keep written copies of all important contacts in a notebook too.

Now I wear tactical pants with many pockets when I am on the road.

Last edited:
    Agree fully. If you cannot keep track of something as important as a firearm that is on your person, you should not be carrying or owning a firearm.

The only time I had lost something important (non-firearm) in a fashion that remotely approaches that of the articles above was when I had been muscling a hand truck filled with sacks of rice and jugs of soy sauce down the steep basement stairs of a restaurant in Lower Manhattan and my work phone in a cheap belt holder was sheered off by a rail on the hand truck. Did not notice until I got back in my truck and had driven on for quite a bit. The phone was also a cheap affair but it was my only contact with the company's dispatch office. By the time I got a replacement from a nearby wireless store, the folks back at the office thought something had happened to my ass. Good thing I keep written copies of all important contacts in a notebook too.

And, if you are like me, then you check periodically, like clock work.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
    i don't see how you forget something like a firearm either.
    maybe she stunk up the men's room so much she wanted to escape the evidence, like not wanting to be caught in an elevator after you farted.

i had coworkers that would show up to work without their access badges.
    uh, did you think you wouldn't need that today?

The only time I had lost something important (non-firearm) in a fashion that remotely approaches that of the articles above was when I had been muscling a hand truck filled with sacks of rice and jugs of soy sauce down the steep basement stairs of a restaurant in Lower Manhattan and my work phone in a cheap belt holder was sheered off by a rail on the hand truck. Did not notice until I got back in my truck and had driven on for quite a bit. The phone was also a cheap affair but it was my only contact with the company's dispatch office. By the time I got a replacement from a nearby wireless store, the folks back at the office thought something had happened to my ass. Good thing I keep written copies of all important contacts in a notebook too.

I totally get that. I'm 6'2", 280lbs. (yeh, yeh, I know, FO!:LOL:), crippled and 60 y.o., I can tell when my sidearm is not in the holster and it's not a 5" 1911, either. I know cops wear and haul around a lot of shit on their duty belt, but losing your firearm?? Must of had her "partner" on her mind?? Maco_O

I totally get that. I'm 6'2", 280lbs. (yeh, yeh, I know, FO!:LOL:), crippled and 60 y.o., I can tell when my sidearm is not in the holster and it's not a 5" 1911, either. I know cops wear and haul around a lot of shit on their duty belt, but losing your firearm?? Must of had her "partner" on her mind?? Maco_O

Hell, I make almost subconscious mental audits of all important items carried on me whenever I add/remove items or adjust clothing, just like what @SilentStalkr says above. Ain't no excuses for any tomfoolery when weapons are involved. :LOL:

But yeah, I have seen my own fair share of many cops who should really not be in that line of work. We have affirmative action and other PC quota systems that are turning many of our institutions into a clusterfuck that is rotting from the inside out.

This is the time when extralegal justice should be dispensed

This.

Fucking with me is one thing. I'll readily and willingly take any form of pain so that my family will be out of harm's way. Fucking with the more vulnerable members of my family just opened something mofo's really do not want to open. Especially the fact that two very young girls were imprisoned, probably alone and terrified for almost 2 days in a police station holding cell... I would be seeking other avenues of mollification, if you know what I mean...

Reactions: W54/XM-388
    image.jpg

Yeah taking a shit and carrying is kind of a pain in the ass.

Shoulder holster for the win...

When it is warm and light clothing makes shoulder concealed carry a near impossibility, then the gun goes in a backpack or haversack. The holster is positioned in a way where I can easily reach in without fully opening it and access the gun in case I need it.

• Haha
    Reactions: SilentStalkr
    I’m in Florida, so it’s hot pretty much all the time. I CC with shorts and a t-shirt quite a bit. And yes, I have to use the rest room at times. It’s all very doable.

As to the asshattery going on with this so-called Chief and her department, it is completely unacceptable. The excuses used to go ahead and charge these people and upend their lives over bad information stinks to all get out and should result in lawsuits and resignations. With all of the good officers out there, this kind of BS is what fires people up about abuse of power. With good reason.

Shoulder holster for the win...

When it is warm and light clothing makes shoulder concealed carry a near impossibility, then the gun goes in a backpack or haversack. The holster is positioned in a way where I can easily reach in without fully opening it and access the gun in case I need it.
    Mine is either inside the pants or outside, just like my dick!! LoL:ROFLMAO:! Mac

The need to turn on her and decimate her in the classic roman legion sense.

Now let me go read the rest of the thread.

I’m in Florida, so it’s hot pretty much all the time. I CC with shorts and a t-shirt quite a bit. And yes, I have to use the rest room at times. It’s all very doable.

As to the asshattery going on with this so-called Chief and her department, it is completely unacceptable. The excuses used to go ahead and charge these people and upend their lives over bad information stinks to all get out and should result in lawsuits and resignations. With all of the good officers out there, this kind of BS is what fires people up about abuse of power. With good reason.

The POS chief actually gets a pat on the back for losing her weapon, violating a dozen policies, violating the civil Rights of citizens? In Fucking believable.
    Funny that they never mention if the weapon was recovered. I am guessing the taxpayers will buy her another one once they are done paying for the civil Rights violations.

From the article.

"Following a two-day investigation, SLO City Manager Derek Johnson fined Cantrell $1,600 for violating city policy regarding keeping weapons concealed at all times. Johnson praised Cantrell for her “integrity throughout the incident.”

Turns out HPD in fact did execute the homeowners from the no knock a few months back.

Just putting things in perspective here. The losses keep mounting for Popo character and trustworthiness,

How about taking a shit at home before you go to work like normal fucking people. Stay away from the donut shops you fat fucks. Stop wasting time on my dime ferkrissakes....

;)

People just don't know how to control themselves anymore.

The chief is a chick, though. It's important to stay hydrated, and they sit to pee. Can't fault her for pissing on the job, but goddamn, how do you view your firearm as such a burdensome piece of kit you don't care about that you fuck up and leave it on the toilet in a El Pollo fucking Loco?

That's just BAD gun control.

Chief should be home making her wife sammiches.

People just don't know how to control themselves anymore.

The chief is a chick, though. It's important to stay hydrated, and they sit to pee. Can't fault her for pissing on the job, but goddamn, how do you view your firearm as such a burdensome piece of kit you don't care about that you fuck up and leave it on the toilet in a El Pollo fucking Loco?

That's just BAD gun control.

Let the check writing begin. I wish every day that I could have a case like this against a government agency.

Reactions: shootist2004
    When you really sit down and take a sec to think about this motherfucking travesty....

I think you'll come to the same conclusion I did.

An innocent family, one that didn't even cross the border illegally, has been SEPARATED because a police chief in California forgot her pistol in the bathroom of an El Pollo Loco.

Clearly we need to BAN ALL FAST FOOD RESTAURANTS!

How about taking a shit at home before you go to work like normal fucking people. Stay away from the donut shops you fat fucks. Stop wasting time on my dime ferkrissakes....

;)

Hey man, I got ulcerative colitis, sometimes when I got to go I got to go. Hence the reason taking a crap can be a pain in the ass.

I seldom carry, but when I do (range, shooting pit, where I've got thousands of dollars worth of firearms along/laid out, and sometimes I'm alone), I'm carrying Constitutional; a full size semi in a hip holster; eighteen rounds at the ready, and seventeen more in the magazine pocket on the holster.

We have traffickers and cartel mules moving right through the middle of our AO. Slung or nearby is a Dot Scope PC Carbine that uses the same magazines, with a total of ten loaded magazine at hand.

We say, "I wouldn't want to be in a gunfight, but if I found myself mixed up in one, it might be kinda nice to have a gun handy".

The holster completely covers the handgun except for the protruding grip, and is securely retained with a flap and snap. It's not for quick draw, and that's fine with me; I'm no gunfighter. About 95% of my handgun operation over the decades has been 3-Gun Match shooting.

That way, most any removal from the holster can pretty well be considered highly intentional. Safety and responsible gun ownership are my primary mandates.

Stupid Chief must have been haphazard with her carry mode. Makes me wonder why she was trusted to carry in the first place.

Mandated, OK; capable, not so much, irresponsible, probably; culpable, I sure hope so...

Greg

PS Come to think of it, shooting alone out here is dumb; I need to stop doing that.

Last edited:
    ^why was she allowed to carry?

She's a black female dyke. The only person who could trump her for that job would have to be a transgender minority gay illegal.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
    It’s getting to a point were these good constitutional God fearing sheriffs I keep hearing about need to clean house. LEO, you can’t claim your one of the good ones if your standing by and letting this go on. We the people need to be ready to defend their self, their family, their house, and their constitution. We need law and order not different levels of tyrants. Rotten from the top down and the bottom up.

If carrying is a pain in the ass your doing it wrong.

Carrying... Pain in the ass? **scratches head** Wait, is this where I think this is going?

The Soviets already had a solution for that. In the 1960's...

Now what is not too certain is whether the spy/assassin can simply bend over, point his ass at his intended target, clench his sphincter, send a cyanide coated BB into the victim's neck and report back to the Kremlin that the glorious work for the Comrade has been done... Or he has to reach in, fish it out, open the 'safety cap', and point it at his intended victim, who is probably by now staring at him and wondering what the fuck is that pervert doing... Kind of like that scene from Con Air where that poor Native American jailbird got set on fire but the attacker pulls his tools from his other prison wallet.