• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Search for comparison between NXS and IOR

Iron Worker

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2005
Nevada
Can some one help me out. I'd like to read about comparisons between NXS 5.5x22x50 and IOR 6x24x50MM ?

Re: Search for comparison between NXS and IOR

I've had both IOR and an NXS. to me, the IOR had better glass the NXS better overall build quality and illumination etc

I went through the same dilemma. At the time, the deciding factor was the fact that the IOR 3-18x42 (SH special edition) came with the reticle in the first focal plane - which is exactly what I needed. Agree on the glass (own the IOR, but looked through NF before I made the decision) NF now makes a FFP scope, but last I checked, they were higher than 7-11 lunch meat. Edge on absolute durability goes to NF - but IOR makes an incredible scope. What are you putting it on?

For the new guys looking to dump a lot of money into a scope, but can't make up their mind.

Take a look at the (working) rifle pics you see, posted by the folks you respect. Pay attention to the scopes that they chose to top their rifle with.

There are a lot of accomplished shooters around here, and I have a lot of respect for their abilities. When they post a pic of their rifle or offer suggestions, I pay attention.

Don't take any one picture and jump to conclusions, but look around, there are only a few scope brands which regularly appear. There is probably a reason for this.

I'm not suggesting you play follow the leader, but don't ignore the lessons of others.