• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seating Depth

Bjones

Private
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2018
Im running a mid range powder charge with a seating depth that provides groups of less than a half inch. Will the same seating depth hold true as I increase powder to increase the speed.

I would say there are to many variables to say for certain. It would be a good place to start though. Only way to know is to shoot.

Im running a mid range powder charge with a seating depth that provides groups of less than a half inch. Will the same seating depth hold true as I increase powder to increase the speed.
Basically . . .NO! As you increase powder charge and speed, you're changing the "barrel time" for your bullet where it will be exiting the barrel at a different point within your barrel's harmonics.

Depending on where you are in the node, there may be a little room to do so . . . but there's not a lot of room to gain much velocity. If you feel you need more velocity, you need to find a different node with the higher velocity.

Basically . . .NO! As you increase powder charge and speed, you're changing the "barrel time" for your bullet where it will be exiting the barrel at a different point within your barrel's harmonics.

Depending on where you are in the node, there may be a little room to do so . . . but there's not a lot of room to gain much velocity. If you feel you need more velocity, you need to find a different node with the higher velocity.

what node?