• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seattle WA leftists arrested and charged with terrorist attacks on railroad. Shunts placed on BNSF tracks.

Blue Sky Country

Urban Cowboy
Minuteman
  • smiley_freak.gif

Fucking around with sensitive installations should be met with a 150 grain Interlock SP at 2,950 FPS for instant pink mist action. A Class I railroad hauling a large quantity of petroleum and chemical products and whose right of way bypasses many populated areas counts as "sensitive installations"... Have done contracting work around and on railroad facilities before and known other guys that have also... Envirofreak types protesting on ROW or actively trying to block trains have been well documented. Usually, RR police do not take such shenanigans lightly...

share-image.php

----------
    SEATTLE, Wash. — Two Bellingham residents were charged with plotting a terrorist attack after they allegedly interfered with safety on local railroad tracks.

According to the U.S. Department of Justice, 27-year-old Samantha Frances Brooks and 23-year-old Ellen Brennan Reiche were arrested Saturday night in Bellingham after they allegedly placed a “shunt” on the tracks, which is a device comprised of wire and magnets that can disable various safety features.

While the pair are charged in only Saturday night’s incident, U.S. Attorney Brian Moran says there have been 41 incidents of shunts placed on BNSF tracks in Whatcom and Skagit Counties since January, causing crossing guards to malfunction, interfering with automatic braking systems, and, in one case, causing the near-derailment of tanks of hazardous chemicals.

Shortly after the first shunts were discovered in January, a claim of responsibility was published on an
    anarchist website. (LOL)

Brooks and Reiche were arrested after triggering a game camera on BNSF property, the complaint said.

They made an initial court appearance Monday and were released pending a Dec. 14 hearing. Their attorneys declined to comment Monday afternoon.

The charges are punishable by up to 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

----------

Also, wonder why no mugshots?

Probably because people everywhere are too familiar with the usual ANTIFA style mugshots... In this case, we already know what those mugshots might look like already, even without them being printed. Seattle and Portland this year have been one hell of a freak show...

smiley_freak.gif

Fucking around with sensitive installations should be met with a 150 grain Interlock SP at 2,950 FPS for instant pink mist action. A Class I railroad hauling a large quantity of petroleum and chemical products and whose right of way bypasses many populated areas counts as "sensitive installations"... Have done contracting work around and on railroad facilities before and known other guys that have also... Envirofreak types protesting on ROW or actively trying to block trains have been well documented. Usually, RR police do not take such shenanigans lightly...

share-image.php

----------
    SEATTLE, Wash. — Two Bellingham residents were charged with plotting a terrorist attack after they allegedly interfered with safety on local railroad tracks.

According to the U.S. Department of Justice, 27-year-old Samantha Frances Brooks and 23-year-old Ellen Brennan Reiche were arrested Saturday night in Bellingham after they allegedly placed a “shunt” on the tracks, which is a device comprised of wire and magnets that can disable various safety features.

While the pair are charged in only Saturday night’s incident, U.S. Attorney Brian Moran says there have been 41 incidents of shunts placed on BNSF tracks in Whatcom and Skagit Counties since January, causing crossing guards to malfunction, interfering with automatic braking systems, and, in one case, causing the near-derailment of tanks of hazardous chemicals.

Shortly after the first shunts were discovered in January, a claim of responsibility was published on an
    anarchist website. (LOL)

Brooks and Reiche were arrested after triggering a game camera on BNSF property, the complaint said.

They made an initial court appearance Monday and were released pending a Dec. 14 hearing. Their attorneys declined to comment Monday afternoon.

The charges are punishable by up to 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

----------

Also, wonder why no mugshots?

Probably because people everywhere are too familiar with the usual ANTIFA style mugshots... In this case, we already know what those mugshots might look like already, even without them being printed. Seattle and Portland this year have been one hell of a freak show...
    I disagree with how these individuals are dealt with. I prefer a speedy trial and public hanging that is televised on EVERY network and tv channel.

Here's one of them (hippie ski instructor) and the link where I found it along with more info: https://heavy.com/news/ellen-reiche-samantha-brooks/

ellen.jpg

They could have seriously fucked some innocent people up with their offenses. And to do it in the name of trying to prevent an oil pipeline, well, that's even dumber. Moving oil by pipeline is far more cost efficient, safer, and faster than moving by rail car. If you interrupt the rail traffic, you only encourage the oil producers to lay that pipe faster.

Here's one of them (hippie ski instructor) and the link where I found it along with more info: https://heavy.com/news/ellen-reiche-samantha-brooks/

ellen.jpg

They could have seriously fucked some innocent people up with their offenses. And to do it in the name of trying to prevent an oil pipeline, well, that's even dumber. Moving oil by pipeline is far more cost efficient, safer, and faster than moving by rail car. If you interrupt the rail traffic, you only encourage the oil producers to lay that pipe faster.

41 shunts in total...

A bit of waterboarding on these two should be able to net the whole nest... Then shoot 'em... Buzzards gotta eat too. I am sure the "naturalist" will like the idea of her body being fed to the birds...

It is liberal-land. They’ll be sentenced to public trash pickup on the highway near the judges house. Maybe the locals that aren’t brain dead can accidentally, on-purpose disappear them;)
    “She” looks like a guy with a bad haircut. 😑 Ugh..
    They will be dealt with in federal court, not by some locally elected judge. You fuck with the tracks, that's a federal offense and railroad police have federal jurisdiction. No, they will be seeing serious time so long as the DDA doesn't blow it at trial, which probably won't happen anyhow as any sensible defense attorney is going to go plea bargain on this all the way, five years no parole in a federal prison will be a light sentence for them.

It is liberal-land. They’ll be sentenced to public trash pickup on the highway near the judges house. Maybe the locals that aren’t brain dead can accidentally, on-purpose disappear them;)
    “She” looks like a guy with a bad haircut. 😑 Ugh..
    Won’t happen in “Boringham” Warshington.

Signed,

A local, behind enemy lines......

Shunting a track is easy. I’m not sure about the braking system on the locomotive or derailing a train buy shunting the track. I know how the system works and those things are different things than just dropping the gates.

ellen.jpg

They could have seriously fucked ........

lay that pipe faster.
    Two sentences that should never, and I mean never, be in any post with a picture like that.
    What's wrong with you? You're spending way too much time reading posts by that D feller. <<--- trying not to call him out. He'd just tell us that he'd do her/it/what ever gender it identifies as

• Haha
    Reactions: Redmanss
    Shunting a track is easy. I’m not sure about the braking system on the locomotive or derailing a train buy shunting the track. I know how the system works and those things are different things than just dropping the gates.
    It throws an approaching train into automatic emergency braking and can break the couplings between cars. It also shortens crossing approaches so as train moving at track speed nears a crossing, it doesn't get as long of a "look" to see the train coming and reduces or nullifies the warning to someone just trying to drive and live their life.

It's also why I always say never trust a crossing, always look before entering. While they're more reliable than your common motorist at an intersection stopping for a red light while you have a green, a train impact causes a much higher level of permanence than a Toyota.

And I know a thing or two about this stuff...

This should go federal based on railroad. Like others have stated messing with the RR is bad stuff. Federally protected infrastructure.

Two sentences that should never, and I mean never, be in any post with a picture like that.
    What's wrong with you? You're spending way too much time reading posts by that D feller. <<--- trying not to call him out. He'd just tell us that he'd do her/it/what ever gender it identifies as
    I'm pretty sure she's an actual girl. I've been wrong in the past, but not often and certainly never hit first base or beyond. In any case, skier body with ugly face, whatever, that's why reverse cowboy exists. She can pretend she's hitting some moguls while getting an injection of conservatism.

What is a shunt? It says wires and magnets, so does it mess with the electrical system on trains?

It doesn’t mess with the trains systems. It messes with the gates and lights at a crossing. I’m not going to explain it here on a open forum
    Got it. If you care to explain through pm I’d appreciate it. I’d imagine that the wire and magnets are somehow interfering with the magnetic field of the gate and lights which would cause a malfunction?

It throws an approaching train into automatic emergency braking and can break the couplings between cars. It also shortens crossing approaches so as train moving at track speed nears a crossing, it doesn't get as long of a "look" to see the train coming and reduces or nullifies the warning to someone just trying to drive and live their life.

It's also why I always say never trust a crossing, always look before entering. While they're more reliable than your common motorist at an intersection stopping for a red light while you have a green, a train impact causes a much higher level of permanence than a Toyota.

And I know a thing or two about this stuff...

Shunting the track would already activate the crossing. The biggest danger is people ignoring the activation and driving through the crossing because the gates have been down for too long with no train approaching, right?

I’m interested to understand why the train would automatically go into emergency braking when the crossing is down. Of course not here. BTW, I was taught always to look both ways going over tracks.

Magnets don't affect the crossing, the magnets used by these fuckers were simply a way to attach a wire to the track. How a crossing works is all over the web, as is how track occupancy is monitored, especially on railfan websites. Look up Centralized Traffic Control or Automatic Block Signaling.

Shooter, will PM in a bit.

I'm not going to lie I am confused by the reverse COWBOY statement.

I'm pretty sure she's an actual girl. I've been wrong in the past, but not often and certainly never hit first base or beyond. In any case, skier body with ugly face, whatever, that's why reverse cowboy exists. She can pretend she's hitting some moguls while getting an injection of conservatism.

Got it. If you care to explain through pm I’d appreciate it. I’d imagine that the wire and magnets are somehow interfering with the magnetic field of the gate and lights which would cause a malfunction?

There is no magnetic field. All they are doing is connecting the circuit, which a train would normally do.

Reactions: 2ndamendfan
    I got chewed out by some railroad cops for driving on a BNSF frontage road to access a legal forest road. They were not even slightly interested in how they might be in the wrong and I pretended to learn my lessons as best I could.

Lots of these types are eco-fascists that haven't realized it yet. Shitheads.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
    I got chewed out by some railroad cops for driving on a BNSF frontage road to access a legal forest road. They were not even slightly interested in how they might be in the wrong and I pretended to learn my lessons as best I could.

Lots of these types are eco-fascists that haven't realized it yet. Shitheads.
    No, what you need to realize is you were on private property.
    Believe me they weren't the only set of eyes on you.
    You have to understand that for every rule or regulation someone became injured or dead.
    I worked for a sub contractor building bridges on NSZ property.
    The rules for us were you got 0 (ZERO) chances,you broke a rule you were banned for life.

Well aware of how those rules get made - I'm in risk management. Also aware that a lot of those rules aren't quite how they seem and maintaining that perception isn't an accident.

I doubt there were more eyes on me - this was out on forest land, not many folks around. Just ran into a group doing an inspection or something. Not sure it's that simple either, though I know why the railroad would want everyone to think it is. I'm not 100% on the history of it, but it looks like there's a stretch of designated USFS road (in the current travel maps/not decommissioned) that parallels some tracks with other FS roads T-ing off it. Maybe there's meant to be two road beds there, but its functionally one in many spots and poorly maintained at that, the more usable bits are likely outside any designated ROW. Pretty sure the encounter was a recreational power trip more than anything, but I've still got the good sense to defuse and move on. They wanted their authority respected, I just need to make them feel like it was. Either way, don't fuck with railroad cops.

I think most of the US population is unaware of how critical the railroads are to the country and how prepared the RRs and the government is to defend them. The CIP programs are no joke.

ellen.jpg

You do know how they get pipe for pipelines to where they are needed?
    My first guess might be trains.

You do know how they get pipe for pipelines to where they are needed?
    My first guess might be trains.

definitely possible for a portion of the journey. it would only be cost effective if you shipped enough of it over a long enough distance.