• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Second budge LR-308 Build...aka padom is a bad influence

propeine

Wannabe Gun Plumber
Minuteman
Apr 20, 2012
Erie, Pa
I picked up an upper/lower set from the primary arms sale and will also be building a semi 308. Aero was running 15% off their parts kits right now and first buyers from their site also get 10% additional so I picked up most of the remainder

Upper/Lower Aero Precision Combo $185 from Primary Arms
Aero 12" Hand guard $90 from Snipershide
Aero Black Nitride BCG $164.50 - From Aero
Upper parts - $18.40 - From Aero
Charging handle - $22.50 - From Aero
Rifle Receiver Extension - $20.80 - From Aero
Standard Lower Parts kit w/ FCG - $68.50 From Aero
18" Rifle Gas Stainless Barrel $128 - From JSE

Total: $697.70
Still need gas tube, gas block, stock (MOE Fixed most likely), and optics (Strike Eagle 1-6)

The barrel MAY BE an Armalite Spec but thankfully I have a lathe and know how to fix things if it is. I haven't decided on the gas block yet. I wanted a MicroMOA Govnah but apparently they aren't available at the moment. I should be able to have a rifle with optics for just under $1100 then a bit more after I change the trigger.

Not to outdo padom but most of my stuff arrived by now...
need stock, gas block, gas tube, buffer and spring

Aero trigger is heavy but crisp at least. Forward assist doesn't seem to engage at all though. Had to shorten my port door rod a little bit to clear the barrel nut. IMG_20170802_190653.jpg

Mines done, just received the rest of the parts an hour ago. All put together and ready for testing. Mine is 100% AR15 rifle length gas, not armalite rifle gas. On my way out the door to test this baby with some factory ammo since my Forster dies wont be here till tomorrow. I had a Slash 308 heavy buffer and spring sitting around so thats whats in it. Will be shooting surpressed. We will see how it goes. may switch out to a standard 308 rifle buffer.

Just about to mount the Vortex Razor HD 5-20x50 MIL/MIL then Im off to test it.

OihuQqJ.jpg

Mines done, just received the rest of the parts an hour ago. All put together and ready for testing. Mine is 100% AR15 rifle length gas, not armalite rifle gas. On my way out the door to test this baby with some factory ammo since my Forster dies wont be here till tomorrow. I had a Slash 308 heavy buffer and spring sitting around so thats whats in it. Will be shooting surpressed. We will see how it goes. may switch out to a standard 308 rifle buffer.

Just about to mount the Vortex Razor HD 5-20x50 MIL/MIL then Im off to test it.

OihuQqJ.jpg

Nice looking rifle if I do say so myself! It will be a little while until I get the rest of the parts in unfortunately. Waiting on gas block info since mine is exposed and I really want a 3 position like the noveske/micromoa/paladin machine. I also have to make a muzzle device to reflex my suppressor a bit but that's a night in the garage away.