• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Second Redfield Accu-Range scope rebuild

Rainier42

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2010
New Hope, PA
This is the second vintage Redfield Accu-Range scope that i have had Connor over at CelticRifles.com rebuild for me. This one is marked "1 inch tube" so was anodized green, which is correct for this scope. Connor does excellent work.

DSC03434_zps7b3ba245.jpg

DSC03435_zps9a18df2b.jpg

DSC03463_zps075f283b.jpg

DSC03465_zpsaeb2f176.jpg

Re: Second Redfield Accu-Range scope rebuild

He really has a talent for this kind of work, this is just gorgeous!
How much did it cost to get it anodized? (you can send me the details by PM if you want) I am considering sending him my old Redfield scope I have been saving for my M40 project.

30cal ... Connor charges $300 for the scope rebuild/re-anodizing + $25 shipping. He completely dismantles, cleans/inspects everything, anodizes, reseals, and puts it all back together. He is a wealth of info and worth speaking with on the phone. The other positive about working with him is that his turnaround is pretty quick. From start to finish, turnaround has been around 4 weeks or less.

Thanks for the info rainier. The price sounds good for the amount of work he does. Did Conner take the pictures of the disassembling and re-assembling?

30cal ... your welcome and yes, Connor took the photos. Am expecting the green scope to be delivered tomorrow. Will be mounting it on my M40 clone. The black one will be going on my M40A1, which is correct for early A1s (can't afford an MST-100 at this point even if I could find one).

@Rainier42,

Is Connor able to change the reticle to the correct M40 reticle... many of these scopes are available with a duplex... with or without the second set of ranging stadia and the tombstone... but not many with the fine crosshair and Accu-range... thanks for sharing the photos... I am looking for a scope for my M40-ish builds... thanks!

@Rainier42,

Is Connor able to change the reticle to the correct M40 reticle... many of these scopes are available with a duplex... with or without the second set of ranging stadia and the tombstone... but not many with the fine crosshair and Accu-range... thanks for sharing the photos... I am looking for a scope for my M40-ish builds... thanks!

It's straight forward to dupe the reticle BUT not the tombstone. The tombstone is a tiny vellum piece on the second focal plane of the erector. If someone had a printer that can duplicate them I could take it from there.....

Sounds like a question that should be posted on another thread.

Particularly in the optics section or Maggies Bar section where it will be seen.

I can see it here and I think it is a good question here on this forum. I like it here. This is a Vintage rifle sniper forum and these scopes are for a Vintage sniper. What is the problem with the question being here?

Last edited:
I'm just saying your looking for a skill set. Has nothing to with being vintage or not.

Yeah posting here is fine.

Just saying your gonna get a better chance finding a guy with skills in a thread that is asking for a guy with skills.

With this.... your hoping the guy wonders in here or somebody who knows somebody wonders in.

The number of "what scope should I put on my 700" threads is so staggering....putting a thread about getting a guy to help resurrect Accurange Redfields would an uplifting change and not out of context.

I see your points.

This is the second vintage Redfield Accu-Range scope that i have had Connor over at CelticRifles.com rebuild for me. This one is marked "1 inch tube" so was anodized green, which is correct for this scope. Connor does excellent work.

DSC03434_zps7b3ba245.jpg

DSC03435_zps9a18df2b.jpg

DSC03463_zps075f283b.jpg

DSC03465_zpsaeb2f176.jpg

I apologise. I missed the contact information to get a scope rebuild done by this person/business.

This is 6 years old. Even then I was never able to reach the elusive Conner or Celtic Rifles.

This is 6 years old. Even then I was never able to reach the elusive Conner or Celtic Rifles.
LOL...thanks for the reply. Here is a picture of the directions from 1966 for civilian s

Attachments

• 1967-REDFIELD-2x-7x-and-3x-9x-Variable-Rifle-Scope.jpg
    1967-REDFIELD-2x-7x-and-3x-9x-Variable-Rifle-Scope.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 99
1969, 1967 Redfield Accurange scope

Attachments

• 155080156739346183255.jpg
    155080156739346183255.jpg
    397.5 KB · Views: 43
I'm just saying your looking for a skill set. Has nothing to with being vintage or not.

Yeah posting here is fine.

Just saying your gonna get a better chance finding a guy with skills in a thread that is asking for a guy with skills.

With this.... your hoping the guy wonders in here or somebody who knows somebody wonders in.

The number of "what scope should I put on my 700" threads is so staggering....putting a thread about getting a guy to help resurrect Accurange Redfields would an uplifting change and not out of context.

There is a business that cleans and repurges scopes. Leupold will give you the information to contact them.

Going to a place where these skills exist. Good info above, westhewelder. Up above you, the guy was looking for celtic rifles. Didn't exist then, doesn't exist now.

Sorry. I must have overlooked that and focused on 1967 Redfield Scope. My apologies.
I love this sight as there is a lot of good information here. For me, being new there is always a learning curve. Thanks for the replies and patients.

Sorry. I must have overlooked that and focused on 1967 Redfield Scope. My apologies.
I love this sight as there is a lot of good information here. For me, being new there is always a learning curve. Thanks for the replies and patients.
That's the cool thing about this site. Newer guys come along with good information. It's not always the old timers who know a lot.

Tokiwartooth was refurbing and reannodizing these scopes. IIRC he was never able to properly add the tombstone to scopes without one.

Been awhile since I've seen him post on any of the forums, think he had something going on and had to step away for a while.

I know he posted on M14 forum quite often. I haven't been active over there for a few years though, I just lurk every now and then.

I talked to Ironsight yesterday coincidentally about getting a “glossy” 3-9 Accu range serviced and they told me standard service fee is $95. I then asked if they have cloned the original m40 scopes and the lady(very informative by the way) said they have done several and turn around is about 30 days and cost is $360 I believe. She said they cannot anodize due to Torrance’s but have epoxy powder coated them and they look just like original m40 scopes. She had hers done in satin black. Talking to Kyle Taylor and he informed me a majority of the scopes that were issued were satin black, so that’s what I think I’m going to go with.

I think the guy you're looking for is Connor McLeod. He is listed on Linkedin as working for a company that I have dealt with AVI, and the co-owner of Celtic Rifles for the last 14 years. If you know somebody with a premium account on Linkedin, they can send him a message to ask if he still does this type of work.