• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Second to last round fails to eject

peredehuit

Gun Nerd
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2020
I’m reloading .45acp using 185grn copper plated round nose bullets. I use CFE as my powder (7.3 grns). I’m shooting my rounds out of a Springfield Government 1911. It has a 10lb recoil spring. I also use Wilson Combat magazines. Everything cycles perfectly except the second to last round. It always fails to eject. It can’t be by accident. What am I missing?

Never had that issue but if I had to guess I'd say the last round in the magazine is sitting at a weird angle causing the slide to not come back properly since it's always the second to last round.
Tried different magazines?

Reactions: peredehuit
Check the lips on the magazine. Test a few others and compare dimensions to learn how to tune those mags.

If you fail to correct this with the mags, you should seek out a bonafide 1911 versed gunsmith.

Reactions: peredehuit