• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Secondary Scope Repair Company?

loveha

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Jul 31, 2018
    NW Lower Michigan
    I have an old Tasco Japanese scope. It's a 1.75-5x20 that my father had. I was going too mount it to my lever gun but after cleaning it I gave it a shake for some reason. Glad I did. That's when I heard it rattle. Sounds like a loose lens past the turrets. Glass is still clean and clear. I sent Bushnell a ticket, but doubt they will even want to look at it.

So I was wondering if there is a company, or person, who repairs old optics. Disassemble, clean, new seals, purge, whole nine yards.

Or is this just a shiny paper weight? Was looking for a gloss black scope. Nobody makes them any longer for some dumb reason.

20220629_201123.jpg
    20220629_201329.jpg

Unfortunately, in their "Other Scopes" section it says they won't work on Tasco. I blame modern Chinese made trash Tasco scopes with that one.

Sorry to hear that, good luck finding another option!

For maybe 50 years I've had a Tasco Olympian 4x32 made in Japan unit.
    I do not recall the issue since it's been so long ago, but I do remember having to open it up and fix something to do with the prism.
    It is not a gas filled scope, so no worries there.
    I remember that it was nothing hard to do and to this day it still works perfectly.
    Surprisingly good glass too.
    I say go for it, just remember to keep everything pristine clean (wear surgical gloves or something).

For maybe 50 years I've had a Tasco Olympian 4x32 made in Japan unit.
    I do not recall the issue since it's been so long ago, but I do remember having to open it up and fix something to do with the prism.
    It is not a gas filled scope, so no worries there.
    I remember that it was nothing hard to do and to this day it still works perfectly.
    Surprisingly good glass too.
    I say go for it, just remember to keep everything pristine clean (wear surgical gloves or something).

Well if it's not gas filled then I might go ahead and do that. I work for Eotech, so handling optics is nothing new to me.