• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Secureit Model 52 Safe

usmcmad

Private
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2017
Anyone have any experience with this safe?

https://www.secureitgunstorage.com/product/gun-cabinet-ultralight-gun-safe/

I am looking for something that can handle 4-6 rifles and 1/2 dozen handguns. I have looked at some of the other safes in this size and am wondering if the claims of Securit have any basis? This safe seems like it will fit my requirements for size and still have some room. It looks like it would be a safe that we could move to another home. Which is a real possibility in the next few years.

I am most concerned about the snatch and grab scenario as opposed to the on-purpose breakin. I need a safe place to put two rifles and few handguns right now.

That safe would scare me even if I was just leaving beers in it. Even a small good quality safe can be moved with dolly to a home plus be bolted directly to floor to prevent a snatch and grab. Buy once, cry once on any safe purchase is my thoughts. I had purchased a small 27" safe years ago that was really good quality and I moved it all over the country by myself and always bolted it down. Since it was a good quality safe I still have it and use it although I have other safes now. A POS safe will always be a POS safe. If I had a secure room I would consider something like that but otherwise no chance.

just my 2 cents worth.

That safe would scare me even if I was just leaving beers in it. Even a small good quality safe can be moved with dolly to a home plus be bolted directly to floor to prevent a snatch and grab. Buy once, cry once on any safe purchase is my thoughts. I had purchased a small 27" safe years ago that was really good quality and I moved it all over the country by myself and always bolted it down. Since it was a good quality safe I still have it and use it although I have other safes now. A POS safe will always be a POS safe. If I had a secure room I would consider something like that but otherwise no chance.

just my 2 cents worth.

Yeah, thst's a first class shelf system for an arsenal, but hardly a safe. Maybe Browning will make that an optional interior feature for their really big units?

The shelf system certainly has an appeal to me. Most safes with the little rifle cutouts doesn't do it for me. The nice thing is they do make their shelf system available separately so it could be mounted in a more traditional safe. Thanks, I am most likely going with a traditional safe doing just that.

Not that I shill for anyone, but this would probably be a perfect fit inside something from Sturdy. https://www.sturdysafe.com/ They do massive, thick plate and take on special orders easily.

The shelf system certainly has an appeal to me. Most safes with the little rifle cutouts doesn't do it for me. The nice thing is they do make their shelf system available separately so it could be mounted in a more traditional safe. Thanks, I am most likely going with a traditional safe doing just that.

I bought a solid steel bank safe a few years ago and built some gun racks out of the plastic trek decking with cut outs that allow the proper distance for scopes and larger rifles and it worked out great. I'll take a photo of it later this week if I can. I did the cut outs on my one of my mills but you could easily do the same thing with a hole saw and a file or two.

Here are the two different setups that I made to fit the guns ands scopes in the safes in a easy setup. The larger white safe I adjusted the distance on the the left side to put shotguns in easy with the other side and back for scoped rifles. Worked out good for me, just used a section of horse mat for the floor in the white safe. The plastic 2x6 deck material I used is non marking and you don't need any felt on the edges.

Attachments

• photo62329.jpg
    photo62329.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 31
  • photo62330.jpg
    photo62330.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 18