• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

See what your county got from the military

Holy fuck, Dallas County recieved more military equipment than some reserve units I know. We have guys in reserve units struggling to get gear, and the Dallas County Police managed to pull off a ton of high tech gear...

I that is legit I sure would like to h=know what my county needs a radar scattering camo net for...among some other very interesting things in there.

I that is legit I sure would like to h=know what my county needs a radar scattering camo net for...among some other very interesting things in there.

Thats actually just camo netting... Thats an understandable expense if they go to the range. I know its a funny word for it, but thats the cheap standard camo netting that anyone can buy.

Good for them. Better than leaving the equipment in Iran, just to have to bomb it later. Arm the police and give them license to enforce the law. I read about cops being scared to go into some neighborhoods at night. Total bullshit, let the long arm of the law do some hammer curls!

Thats actually just camo netting... Thats an understandable expense if they go to the range. I know its a funny word for it, but thats the cheap standard camo netting that anyone can buy.

I realize that but I don't really see why our county police need it, nor do I understand why it cost them $56,000.

My county got several pairs of ski-mountain boots. It's freaking central OK... Even our worst snows are like 8-10 inches and those are rare. Oh and like 8 helicopters... Geeze. Love where my tax dollars going even though they are fairly low in OK...

WTF?? My county got a "mine resistant vehicle" to the tune of $733,000. I live in a small town in south central OK.....that's never had a single IED that I can recall. I can't wait to see this thing parked at Daylight Donuts or IHOP. I will be posting pics.

the price is the value, if im not mistaken all these items are "given" to the local counties. I may be wrong on that though.

It does not cost the counties anything to "purchase" these items. Its simply a paper drill and the mil has to put a dollar value on them. Now when it comes time for upkeep and general maintenance that is a different story. Most of this equipment will never leave the storage building they have it in (unless they drag it out for the local parade) and when the time does come to use it, it won't work and there won't be anyone around that knows how to do the maintenance anyway. Most departments just grab whatever they can and worry about the logistical side after the fact.

Edit: I like how my old county (San Diego) acquired extreme cold weather gear and several pairs of snow shoes

Last edited:

Can you cut and paste the description of that? I'm curious.

It does not cost the counties anything to "purchase" these items. Its simply a paper drill and the mil has to put a dollar value on them. Now when it comes time for upkeep and general maintenance that is a different story. Most of this equipment will never leave the storage building they have it in (unless they drag it out for the local parade) and when the time does come to use it, it won't work and there won't be anyone around that knows how to do the maintenance anyway. Most departments just grab whatever they can and worry about the logistical side after the fact.

Edit: I like how my old county (San Diego) acquired extreme cold weather gear and several pairs of snow shoes

Global warming... its going to get so hot it snows, dont you know lol, I wonder if they just have a lot of crap and you take the entire lot vs individual items.

Looks like my county took in an entire gym and about 15 pages of RIFLE,7.62 MILLIMETER, RIFLE,5.56 MILLIMETER.
Any idea what this might be: GUNS, THROUGH 30MM 1 Pair $200.00 8/20/2012

We dot 10 "No Item Name Provided"s for $6000 ea. WTF? Surely someone can make up a name for a $6000 item. and 20 small arms suppressors for $22 each. Really makes me wonder what those other items were.

Ryan

My county received an armored vehicle worth $65,070. I wonder what they need that for. Just the other day, it took 25 police units to chase 2 teenager's in 1 car for speeding and evading. From what I heard, 1 officer caused a bad crash while in pursuit. One would think they had OBL in the trunk.

Interesting stuff though.

ok I couldn't just sit there and count. my guess is my county got 500 night vision illuminators and 150 night vision goggles.

My county got 2 exercise bicycles (those will never get used) 20 entrenching tools, 9 mine detector sets, and 4 GRENADE LAUNCHERS. WHAT THE FUCK !!!!!

Knox county TN 250 bayonets????? Would be funny to see those clowns on line like in Ferguson MO. with fixed bayonets. Talk about a photo for the news.

Like [MENTION=25047]KYpatriot[/MENTION] said, IDK what everyones so up in arms for about this. Better our police than ISIS.

And if sh!t actually gets out of hand, it aint like its too hard to find out where they are storing everything.

Gee , I kind of thought there is a reason why we have a military force and a police force and why there objectives are polar opposite's , or at least that was the original intent . Here's an idea, maybe instead of leave it for ISIS or just giving it away, why not sell it and use the money to " oh I don't know " maybe better equip the soldiers who actually need it , or maybe take care of our vets , or better yet pay off some of our debt . Oh wait I forgot "only military or police should own those items " not civilians . BARF !!!

On a compleatly seperate note the more I look through the items i can't help but laugh. Fulton county (Atlanta ga ) got 24 women's handbags . I guess they can give those to some of there police officers who are faggots and they can carry their bayonet around in it !

I guess mine is not as retarded as many.....

Two M1911s
Fourteen M16s
One M14
Two 12 ga shotguns (Mossbergs probably)

The county south of mine, OTOH, five pages worth of mostly 5.56 rifles

I was kinds laughing that my county received a drum set and a bunch of gym equipment. Then I got to the couple pages of rifles, and a forklift value at over $119,000, that's must be some forklift

Again, remember that none of the numbers are real. The military accountants can assign whatever number they want for "value", and who's going to argue it? It's the same as the old $400 hammer story from DOD. Sloppy accounting means that there are a lot of false or meaningless numbers. IIRC, the reason for the hammer was that a certain amount of R&D cost estimate was added, as was the practice with other items, which arbitrarily came out to the $400's, while the hammer really cost $15. So the MRAP and forklift costs are really just BS. The only real value is what the market will pay. Find a similar forklift on the civilian market, check the used unit price, get the true value of the military forklift. As far as the multiple items go: when you see 8 helicopters or EOD bots, remember that not all are likely even in running or working condition. The extras are often acquired for parts, because the one that is in the best shape will inevitably break down in time. This is used military gear...most of it has been abused, and none of it has been babied like your personal favorite "safe queen".

That being said, holy crap. I want some free NVG's, illuminator, and 7.62 rifles. Why not sell this stuff on the cheap to the (U.S-only) surplus market? I'd like having some of these things at work as much as the next guy, especially NVG's, since we have so much rural area to work in, but I'd LOVE to be able to buy a pair at surplus prices. Way better cost recovery than giving it all away for free, too. Why the hell would they not sell it to us? This site alone would clean up half that used NVG/IR illuminator stock.

M14 Rifle 7267000 1005-00-283-76951
M14 Rifle W/E 8413866 1005-00-589-1271 sling & cleaning kit
M14 Rifle Group A 1005-LL-H18-7614 USN issue
M14 Rifle Group B 1005-LL-H18-7615 USN issue
M14 Sniper Kit, USN 1005-01-106-8975 full kit with carrying case
M14 M Rifle 7790485 1005-00-678-9829
M14 NM Rifle 7790476 1005-00-678-9828
M14A1 Rifle 11010000 no bipod, no sling
M14A1 Rifle 11010108 1005-00-072-5011 includes bipod and sling
M14A1 Rifle W/E 8427044
M14 DMR Rifle 98003A0000 1005-01-458-6235
M14 SMUD 1005-01-255-3311 USAF issue
M14 SSR 1005-LL-L99-5690 USN issue
M21 Rifle 9386973 1005-00-179-0300

I'd be happy to pay good money for any of the SMUD, M21, DMR, SSR, or NM variants. Apparently, they remain property of the U.S. gov't while on loan through the 1033 program. Most of these, at least of the M, NM, and A1 types, are prohibited from being sold to civilian population by the 1968 GCA, even though they've been "permanently" converted to SA-only. That's just disgusting.

Last edited:
Holy shitballs, Anchorage got 2-1/2 pages of 5.56 rifles......and a $480,000 armoured vehicle....wtf?
The easy to understand stuff is tons of cold weather gear.

My county got several M4's, an armored truck (WTF), and 2 Grenade Launchers (again......WTF). The item that bothers me the most.....................a fucking parka. No doubt it was for Eddie Cathy's fat ass, and there's no way he's getting out in the rain. That parka is probably rotting in his office, such a waste.

If I were in charge...I would have a giant Federal Gun Show. Sell them back to the people that want them. Hesco for President!

We dot 10 "No Item Name Provided"s for $6000 ea. WTF? Surely someone can make up a name for a $6000 item. and 20 small arms suppressors for $22 each. Really makes me wonder what those other items were.

Ryan

NVG for 6,000 each.

I don't think the list complete (and therefore nor is it likely to be accurate).

My county didn't get anything. I wonder if it's because all the people here have guns, or that we are a peaceful town.

Miami Dade ordered bags of sand for 49 bucks each! You know, because it's such a pain to find sand in Miami.

so only two alternatives? Hand over to terrorists or give to local PDs?

DOD must have given their brains away first thing.

Jacksonville needs tax payer handouts since their police pension is massively underfunded. Let's treat the symptom rather than the problem. It worked for Detroit right?

Like [MENTION=25047]KYpatriot[/MENTION] said, IDK what everyones so up in arms for about this. Better our police than ISIS.

And if sh!t actually gets out of hand, it aint like its too hard to find out where they are storing everything.

I say we get to throw our names in a lotto and they give all that stuff back to us taxpayers, if you already own class 3 items you should qualify for the FA, suppressors and grenade launchers. What's given to the public servants should be available to their Masters.