• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes seekin base/ring on SPS-T

Broc

Private
Minuteman
Oct 9, 2007
Fly over country
I know I will probably get flamed for asking a newb question, but I am going to take the risk.
smile.gif

I'm wanting to put Seekins 20MOA base/ 30mm rings on a SPS-Tactical (.223 if it matters) with a Sightron 3.5-10x44mm scope. The scope obj diameter is 2.07 and I'm wanting to us BC caps.

I've used the SH google search and thoroughly done my research. I have figured all the numbers multiple times per sticky above. Bottom line, the lows appear to fit by a very thin margin, but in the real world things may not be quite as precise. Since I'm wanting to get quality stuff and do this right the first time, I just wanted to make sure before I spend the money.

I was hoping somebody happens to have this set-up and can give me some advice on lows or mediums?

I was using Glen's post in this thread HERE (four down from top), but wasn't sure where the Rem Varmint contour falls in the categories. Would it be considered a > #5 contour?

I really appreciate the help and apologize for the newb question.
smile.gif

Re: seekin base/ring on SPS-T

If it helps at all I have a SPS-T in .308 with a EGW 20moa base, Seekins low 34mm rings, and a PH 3-15 on there with room under the front flip up. Not much but there is room.

I'm wanting to put Seekins 20MOA base/ 30mm rings on a SPS-Tactical (.223 if it matters) with a Sightron 3.5-10x44mm scope. The scope obj diameter is 2.07 and I'm wanting to us BC caps

you will want lows for sure. Rem varmint is close to a #5

any time you are smaller than 50mm you can go with lows.

I got SIII 624x50 with EGW 20moa base and low seekins on the same rifle with about 1/4 clearance. This should help you.

I would definitely go lows.

I had a USO SN3 3.2-17x44 (which has a thick wall on the objective) with a Seekins 20MOA base and Seekins medium rings. There was over 1/4" room left. It could have easily cleared the lows.