• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seeking feedback re: Foundation Rifle stocks

BroncoMustang

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 5, 2018
i recently read an article about a rifle stock company (new to me) called Foundation Stocks; it was written by Precision Rifle Blog. I have found them to provide interesting & informative articles about long range shooting. In their article
https://precisionrifleblog.com/2019/01/12/best-rifle-chassis-stocks/
they mentioned that these stocks are made of a micarta material that apparently is very durable, can take a lot of abuse and be shined up again. Have any of you on the hide had any experience with one of these rifle stocks? In their article it is the 3rd most popular used among the top ranked PRS Precision Rifle Series) and NRL (National Rifle League) shooters. I am interested in one called Genesis in what appears to mimic a dark walnut wood; looks pretty cool to me anyways. Do any of you know anything about these products? Am hoping to learn from your experience (or maybe a relative's or friend's). Thanks.

Last edited:
Come to north Texas / southern Oklahoma. They are everywhere. Not to mention John-Kyle is a damn good guy to do business with.

I went from an XLR to Manners T6a to a Manners PRS2 to a Foundation and couldn’t be happier. They are very solid and just make your rifle a softer shooter.

Where you located? Foundations are everywhere and should be too hard for you to get to see one in person.

Thanks. I am out in S. California. Do you know of any distributors out this way? Like you mention, it would be cool to see one in person. I checked out the company website, but do not see it mentioning authorized dealers and/or their locations.

Come to a match! Couple guys down here run them. 2 guys actually. Not a huge number, mostly chassis down here, but you'll get a chance to mess with one

Micarta is a super tough material. I have a lot of knives and gun grips with micarta scales. That stuff seems bomb proof. I bet they are heavy though.

Reactions: BroncoMustang
Micarta is a super tough material. I have a lot of knives and gun grips with micarta scales. That stuff seems bomb proof. I bet they are heavy though.
The revelation weighs 3.875 lbs., while the exodus weighs around 5 pounds. Genesis also comes in at around 5 pounds. From what I've read about them, people who have shot them felt like the stock absorbs a lot of the recoil. F.Y.I.

Reactions: Genin
I found an interesting article by a website that I find to be quite informative (regarding many things related to long distance shooting), Accurate Shooter. Here it is: