• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seeking Grendel upper opinions

LARUE

1580693216284.jpeg

Complete upper, ready to clean the bore, lubricate the BCG pin onto the lower and shoot ?
I have to say JP.
Lots more options if you want to build it yourself.

Help
Complete upper, ready to clean the bore, lubricate the BCG pin onto the lower and shoot ?
I have to say JP.
Lots more options if you want to build it yourself.
Help me out pls. Guess I don’t know “JP”??

Allow me to direct you to 6mmar.com
It is what the 6.5g should have been and wants to be.
I went 6ar turbo 40 and dumped the Grendel. Highly efficient cartridge

I haven't dumped my grendel, but my new side chick is a 224 Predator...:oops:

Totally agree with Headquarterz.
Talk to Zach at Atheris Arms...I was looking for a 6.5 Grendle…..he talked me into the 6mm Grendel/6mm AR, I used the advice from the good folks on this site and talked to Robert Whitles (sp) son.
The dies are a bit expensive (I am assuming you reload)….but the range of bullet styles and weights available are many times that of the 6.5. Ballistics are almost equal to the .243.

Look around on the 65Grendel . com forum if you haven’t yet. Lots of good info. I have a Alexander Arms 6.5G SBR I’m happy with.

Some choices, mine is the first one, the AR Stoner 20" M-Lok. I also built another using the 24" choice featured here. My experience is still accumulating.

The two Uppers are undergoing load development, and progressing in a reasonable manner. With very preliminary loads, about 1MOA is the current result, and accuracy continues improving as charges are increasing. Load development is with Speer 90gr TNT and 120gr Gold Dot.

The lowers in use are basic PSA Freedom Lowers; upgraded with PSA Nickel Boron Two-Stage Triggers, AR Stoner Extended Bolt Catch levers, and the Missouri Tactical Products LLC M27/HK416 Style Recoil Pad (Black).

The UTG Recon P Flex M-Lok Bipods are new to testing and already appear to more rigid and practical than the usual crop of clone bipods.

Greg

Last edited:
SOLGW if you want something that will work and not a repurposed gamer gun. Larue might be an option also, but no personal experience with them.