• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Seeking PMII 5-25 Mount opinions/advice

EagleScout501

Private
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2012
Richmond, Texas, USA
Im now shopping for a mount, not rings, for my PMII 5-25.

Im a first time owner of a PMII and I am trying to learn as much as I can as I go along.

I've pre-ordered a Nucleus action with a 20MOA base. I plan on mounting it in a XLR chassis.

I understand that with 40MOA of cant the PMII can make nearly full use of the elevation adjustments and have also read that it was made from the factory (something about a offset lens) to be mounted with 40moa of cant to help users adjust for long 2000 yard shots. -Please correct me if I am misunderstanding something-

Instead of mounting it with a 0moa/cant mount on a 20moa base I would like to put it in a 20moa/cant mount to go on top of my 20moa/cant base (total of 40moa) to get the most use out of the elevation turret. -again, please correct me if I am talking gibberish here-

I was planning on using either a ARC M10 QD Scope mount or a SPUHR mount, primarily because of the quality, second because of the built in level. However, I am not sure what height I need. From what I have read i need more than 1.35in, but I am just not sure. -would appreciate some advice on this-

I greatly appreciate anyones input on this subject.

I use an ARC M10 QD-L mount. This is the low mount with 50MOA of total cant (rings are 20MOA), I don't have any issues with scope height and this rifle is zeroed at 100m.
IMG_6771.JPG

Reactions: diverdon
I run mine on a flattop with an ADM 40moa qd base. Works great.
Your base setup sounds fine, moa is additive in that context and should work.

Regarding your ring height, manufacture numbers are from the rail to the middle of the rings. A 56mm objective is about 2.2 inches, half that is 1.1 inches. Assuming you're running it on a flattop rail that'd leave you about a quarter inch on the bottom if you run 1.35" rings (probably less, because the scope housing must be larger than the objective in order to contain it, and there's a bit of a cant because of the moa), but it's definitely adequate spacing.

However, if I'm not mistaken, on an XLR you don't really have to worry about the objective hitting the rail since it's not a flattop. You maybe might want to opt for lower rings, depending on how your cheekweld is setup. I'm not certain though.

Near Alpha Mount is the answer you're looking for. To maximize the 5-25 PM-II, you can go 45-moa. Richard will make you a mount with either 20 or 25-moa, and any height you want. He has some nice upgrades like bubble levels and accessory rail options. Near mounts are the best out there, and price is less than what you'd pay for a Spuhr.

Please visit www.trg42.com or PM me your email address or phone number and I'll send you a picture of the latest Alpha Elite, which I don't believe is on his website yet?

NEAR makes quality stuff. Richard has been around a long time and is a perfectionist. You will not be disappointed.