• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seeking stand up folks

meangreengunner

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2012
Northeast
I rarely post on this site but I'm on extended vacation like a lot of folks which leaves me with plenty of time to shoot, spot, and bitch on forums like this one, so here goes.

I ordered an optic from a guy on this site. Got a good price on it, and it's just in time for a finished new build, so I figured "great." Only it shows up looking like the pic attached. Really man? I can just imagine the thing flying around the back of a FedEx truck for a thousand miles. These scopes are tough but I don't want to test the theory before I've even zeroed the thing. Now, I'm not a college graduate or anything (although I DO have 2 PhD's out in the shed...Post-hole Diggers), and I've been working in the trades for most of my life in one form or another, but I DO possess a certain degree of horse sense. Whoever packed this scope clearly does NOT possess the same. So the guy says his "assistant" packed it, and usually she does a fine job. Is his assistant an eight-year old?...most likely not. But THEN, the gentlemen in question, and I use that term loosely, has the BALLS to wonder if the package "did actually look like that or not" when it was delivered. Seriously, man? He says "send it back, I'll refund you when I get it, blah blah blah." No, motherfucker, I'll head out to the range and try and zero the thing first. SO that brings me to what I see as the problems facing our country these days. Just a couple of overall attitudes and behavioral issues that should not be left to fester and mutate

1.) Not giving a fuck about anyone, or anything outside of your tiny blasting radius, and
2.) Not willing to admit fault or take responsibility for shit

I consider myself damn fortunate, really lucky to be honest, that I was brought up better than that. I was taught to GIVE A FUCK. In this case, it ain't much, especially considering that you're shipping a piece of equipment worth a couple thousand bucks. We agreed on a price and you got paid $1000+ so now throw some fucking newspaper in the box. Put some tape around the goddamn thing. Maybe a piece of bubble wrap. How fucking hard is it? Put some goddamned effort into your day. It doesn't matter what you do. GIVE A FUCK.
#2, Own your Shit. You fucked up. Own it. I can't tell you how many times I've fucked up. Luckily nobody died because of my fuckups, but it's part of life. But don't be a goddamned Barney and start accusing me of fabricating some shit because of YOUR fuckup. That's pure bush league, pussy behavior. OWN YOUR SHIT. That's one thing I like about Jocko, the dude says it all the time.
So look, I'm seeing this kind of "I don't give a fuck behavior" all over this great country. The problem is, it's like cancer. Once it starts to metastasize, it's hard to stop.
Maybe I'm just getting old, and a few steps away from yelling at the kids to get off my lawn. But seriously, we've got enough grown ass men and women in this country who act like fucking children to have to take on any more. Grow the fuck up. Rant over. Happy 4th (don't blow your fingers off lol)

Attachments

• 61531210035__8A83D34E-5239-4A51-A22A-23AE3C6EA5EC.jpg
    61531210035__8A83D34E-5239-4A51-A22A-23AE3C6EA5EC.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 502
I have to ship revolvers back to their owners after doing work on them, and some times, I only have HUGE boxes.... For small packages...

So what do I do? Simply cut down the creases of the big boxes, and then fold them over the bubblewrapped and properly cushioned guns like a dumpling, slicing off any extra cardboard as I am shrinking the boxes, then sealing off the whole thing with packing tape and slapping on a label... Big box turns into small box, easy...

Dude . It's a Leupold. The Samsonite gorilla couldn't hurt that fucking thing! At this point you are supposed to laugh, and I'm supposed to have an internal reflection....[damn...samsonite gorilla...fuck I'm old].
Forgive me, I'm a clown.

Now
Leupold are pretty tough, but that is no excuse for what I see there. Just....damn!
I dont care what it is, I wrap every package rattle free, like itll be dropped on your porch from low orbit.
I always expect similar courtesy.

Signed up 8 yrs ago. On his 4th post here ever. Can only actually see 2 posts in profile, so who knows what that's all about. No transactions anywhere in the profile/activity page. Sez bought a Loopy on the Hide and someone tossed it into a discarded box the size of an oven with no peanuts or nuth'n. Gawd I hate peanuts. Begins a thread about how he's been wronged by an upstanding Member on here and questions their packing savvy. Oh, and brings discredit upon the PX once again. Now here's what I really wanna know. You got any need for them Scope Caps?

Well that's fucked up. On the other hand, he offered you a refund which you turned down. Sounds like he's trying to own it but you think the situation can be saved instead. Only thing you can complain about is (potentially) wasted time.

Signed up 8 yrs ago. On his 4th post here ever. Can only actually see 2 posts in profile, so who knows what that's all about. No transactions anywhere in the profile/activity page. Sez bought a Loopy on the Hide and someone tossed it into a discarded box the size of an oven with no peanuts or nuth'n. Gawd I hate peanuts. Begins a thread about how he's been wronged by an upstanding Member on here and questions their packing savvy. Oh, and brings discredit upon the PX once again. Now here's what I really wanna know. You got any need for them Scope Caps?

Hmmm.....this is strange. I...did not catch that.

Hi,

Question(s)...

So the seller requested you send it back for full refund, you denied that....

So who do you think is at fault once you "test" it and something else is wrong with it? Seller or You?

Sincerely,
Theis

Ladies and Gentlemen, if you'll all now look towards the Main Entrance you'll see Common Sense coming through the Door....... :LOL:

That's inexcusable. Anyone who thinks that is acceptable packaging for an optic is a fucking liberal or retarded, probably both. And you are 100% right, it is hard to find companies or people that give a shit anymore.

My biggest pet peeve when I order stuff from anyone, be at a private seller or Amazon, is shit packing. I cannot tell you how many packages I've received from Amazon that arrived like what you've shown. Or a delicate/expensive item shipped in one of those fucking bubble envelopes everyone likes to use now. I have sent back dozens of items due solely to inadequate packaging. I won't even bother seeing if the item works. Not my problem. I let the seller eat the cost of shipping both ways for their laziness. Their is no way I would be keeping that scope. The seller would be sending me a prepaid shipping label or reimbursing me the cost to return that.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
I get what the OP was saying. Take a little responsibility for your actions. I'd be curious if the seller makes his bed every day. Just curious.

Thats nothing.

I had some total hack of a 'gunsmith' who was referred by multiple people on a forum specifically for this type of firearm send me back an ex sniper 91/30 that he did a 'trigger job' and installed the correct scope mount on in a large rectangular box that was 3x the size it needed to be, with just the rifle sitting inside of it. That thing had to have been doing backflips and 'the worm' in the box the entire way. Got lucky that it was a Mosin that could probably have been used as a boat oar and warclub and other than a few nicks in the wood, nothing happened really.

It got better when I realized that A. I had included a fucking hard case when sending it that it was not sent back in and B. where the fuck was the optic I included?

To make things even better, his 'trigger job' consisted of using a dremel or angle grinder on the top of the trigger where it engages the bolt. Yay.

• Wow
Reactions: dspjaggar
That's inexcusable. Anyone who thinks that is acceptable packaging for an optic is a fucking liberal or retarded, probably both. And you are 100% right, it is hard to find companies or people that give a shit anymore.

My biggest pet peeve when I order stuff from anyone, be at a private seller or Amazon, is shit packing. I cannot tell you how many packages I've received from Amazon that arrived like what you've shown. Or a delicate/expensive item shipped in one of those fucking bubble envelopes everyone likes to use now. I have sent back dozens of items due solely to inadequate packaging. I won't even bother seeing if the item works. Not my problem. I let the seller eat the cost of shipping both ways for their laziness. Their is no way I would be keeping that scope. The seller would be sending me a prepaid shipping label or reimbursing me the cost to return that.

Ewwwwww, you sed "Shit Packing".

I understand you are hugely angry about the lack of packaging.

It does not sound like the seller did that on purpose, most likely the help were idiots that day.

However, I'd say from dealing with products shipped into us every day, just learn to get over it, let the guy know, hope he does better next time & inspect the item, if it's damaged or such, send it back, if not, keep it.

You think that's bad, you haven't seen the stuff we get in from Amazon & their packaging.....

Seems like he was offering you a full refund if you send it back, if you aren't happy for some reason, so be happy, or if not, pack it up nicely & properly the way it should be packaged and send it back.

I ordered a Bushnell AR 223 ffp 1-4 from Amazon a few years back . It shows up in a nice Amazon box . Opened it up an there's a box shrink wrapped to a cardboard sheet . Ok . Cut off plastic and WTF . The boxis limp and wet like a disgruntled employee dunked the fucker in a mop bucket . So I call Amazon and the guy is all send it back yadda yadda . So I said well that kinda sucks having to deal witha all that crap . He says you're right . Keep it and I'll send you out another . Kept one , sold one . And two sets of scope caps .😄😄😄

Packing is an important part of the sale.
That's why I save all packaging from when I order shit. So it can be packed correctly. My wife says I'm a pack rat, but I've never had a buyer complain about broken shit.

Good point.

Fuck him.

Lol.

I understand you are hugely angry about the lack of packaging.

It does not sound like the seller did that on purpose, most likely the help were idiots that day.

However, I'd say from dealing with products shipped into us every day, just learn to get over it, let the guy know, hope he does better next time & inspect the item, if it's damaged or such, send it back, if not, keep it.

You think that's bad, you haven't seen the stuff we get in from Amazon & their packaging.....

Seems like he was offering you a full refund if you send it back, if you aren't happy for some reason, so be happy, or if not, pack it up nicely & properly the way it should be packaged and send it back.

Yep... At least he offered to rectify the situation and responded to the OP's concerns promptly... I consider that acceptable business etiquette. We all fuck up sometimes, and sometimes, things may be outside our knowledge and that is why they happen. Being fluid, pragmatic, results motivated, and easily adapting to new situations and finding ways to resolve them are not just marks of a good businessman, it is a mark of good character and maturity...

Looks like Amazon or MidwayUSA packed it. Seen better packing jobs from OpticsPlanet and that's not saying much. I'm sure the scope will be fine but can understand why you would be a little miffed.

Reactions: 1J04