• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Seekins 6 screw/4 screw combo?

mattmcg

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 19, 2007
CA
Does Seekins still sell the 6 screw/4 screw combo ring set? Early last year I topped a .308 KMW with a combination set where the 6 screw was forward and the 4 screw aft of the elevation adjustment. This setup rocked and I'm hoping I can replicate that on an upcoming 260 AI rifle topped with another USO (35mm tube).

Also, are there any stocking dealers for Seekins rings nowadays? I've tried contacting Glen via email and phone and it seems he is incommunicado....

Re: Seekins 6 screw/4 screw combo?

We are still here, just super busy. Scott at liberty optics does have 30mm rings in stock last we spoke.

We do not offer the 6 screw rings anymore as they just haven't been popular and chose to spend the machine time stocking up on the 4 screw model. This also goes for the 4/6 combo set.

Hmmm, bummer. Always thought the 4/6 combo set was the best option. If you decide to run another lot of those, let me know! I'll be in for 2 sets for sure!

So here's a question about the use of Seekins rings. Would it be possible to take a set of 6 screw rings and a set of 4 screw rings and swap them around to make two sets of 6/4 combo rings or are all sets manufactured as a matching pair? Would the typical recommendation of no need to lap stand for this type of swapping (or is this bad news)?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We do not offer the 6 screw rings anymore as they just haven't been popular and chose to spend the machine time stocking up on the 4 screw model. This also goes for the 4/6 combo set.

</div></div>

Wil, thanks for exactly restating Glen's original post but you didn't grasp the point of my question. My question was to see if I could combine a new 4 screw set with a previously owned 6 screw set to accomplish exactly what I'm trying to do. Given the state of available products from Seekins, this may be my only option for outfitting two rigs with a 4/6 combo.....

Good luck finding a set of Seeking six screws. Most that have them will not let them go. I know mine arent leaving.

Mike

Are you just doing the 6/4 for looks or is there a real reason?

Just asking because I really can't see a reason why the 4 screw sets won't work well for anything short of a 20mm.

Wil, no problem. Perhaps I could have stated the question a bit more directly.

LoneWolf, while I do like the aesthetics better, I do believe that the more substantial forward ring wrapping a larger portion of the large scope (a USO) will provide a better action to ring to scope mount for the part of the optics most likely to receive a substantial torquing force away from the action (which can at worst effect zero). So for hard use, if you were to snag across the front of the objective, I would trust the more substantial 6 screw mount over the 4 screw. I'm not as concerned about the rear as much given the lower profile and reduced length away from the mount center line.

Now that said, the Seekins 4 screw is certainly a substantial mount but not to the extent that the 6 screw mount is and when we're dealing with hard use and a long portion of the scope out in front of the action to scope mounting point, the 6 ring provides that extra bit of insurance.

Bowtie, luckily I have a bead on a 6 screw set! So if these are not matched pairs then I may be in luck! Certainly if I find another 6 screw set, I'll be sure to pick it up for any future builds.

Good deal, you better snap them up even if you dont need the. You cant imagine how many comments I get on my rings alone, alot wanting to buy them. I know the are overkill, but that is one less thing I have to worry about.
If you pick up a set of 6 screws, grab a set of 4 screws, you can do two sets like you want, or sell one and recover some of your investment.
I have thought about the same set up and think it would be nice.

Mike

I'm with you Bowtie..... I'm hoping that matched sets are not a requirement though! Mr. Seekins, any confirmation on that?

i asked this Q once a year or so ago. Glen advised against splitting up sets of rings, as they are made in pairs and there may be minor differences with rings from other sets. this from memory, though, so i may be wrong.

i have a set of Seekins M40A something rings with the nut base clamps and four/six screw caps, but i'm keeping them, too.

Agreed. Anybody have a 35mm lapping bar that I can borrow?

You can mix and match them, but i would sugest lapping to be safe. You might not need it, but then again i wouldnt guarentee them to be as perfect as a mached set.

Ok, sounds good. Thanks Glen.

Glen, from the looks of it, people want another run of the 6 screw rings, myself included
laugh.gif

I'd be in for a 6 screw as well. 4/6 can put me on the list as well!

Anybody heard from Glenn??

As far as I know he's doing another run of the 6 screw rings. I sent him my set a couple weeks ago (low) as they were too low w/ the nightforce & he is swapping out for mediums when he does this run.

Hey guys. After the AR's are done and going i will build some more 6 screw rings. Anyone apposed if i did a 4/6 combo
smile.gif
I wont be doing every height, just the popular ones.

Glen, being the OP on the thread, you know I'm in for the 4/6 combo rings. I'll need some 30mm, 34mm, and 35mm.....

Either will be fine w/ me. I just need a set to get my rifle up & running!

Thanks Glen!

I don't have the rifle or scope yet, waiting on them. What height rings would I need for the following;

Remington PSS, stock
NF 3.5-15 x 50 (take into account the covers)
20 moa Seekins base (will do 8x40)

If I rebarrel down the road, will that cause any problems by the Obj bell?

I appreciate it!

Mark

I would buy a set for my TRG keep us up to date Glen

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: milspec1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm in for a 6/4 combo in 30mm, med height. </div></div>

I am in for this as well

Ok...

next week we expect another CNC to arrive. Its going to take me 6 weeks to get it on line and cranking out parts. My production will go up aprox 400% (not exaggerating). This will allow us to make LOTS more product, keep it on the shelf and make all of the new stuff we want im large quantity.

Whats this have to do for the 6 screw rings? They are going to be available again, in MASS quantity
smile.gif

When im up and cranking out parts i will let everyone know. Watch for a tread about our new cnc install and some shop pictures. I will keep you guys updated with progress on all of our new products and current delivery schedules.

Sweet!!!!!!!! I've got 2 G&L bluestar 5's I have to deal with. in a word they're junk. you'll definitely put out the parts with the Mori!!

so will the boost in efficiency bring you prices down?
wink.gif

oh wait your overheard just went up.
frown.gif

LOL...Overhead just skyrocketed this year. 3 employees and 2 machines...Prices most likely wont go down, but the good news is that they wont be going up AND more importantly product will be available!!!

Ive been dealing with a new Haas....never ever ever ever again..

I'd love to have a Haas at this point. I also get to deal with 10-15 yr old Fadals that have been run hard and put away wet.

I'll be watching for 34mm 4/6 screw .97" rings
wink.gif

<span style="font-style: italic">,, dancin' 'round the room, pumping fist in air at the thought of getting some Seekins 6 hole rings ,,</span>

cool.gif

I'm going to need one of the 4, 6 screw set in 34mm for my premier that should be coming some time at the end of July or early August. Sure would like to see those rings made before then so I could set up with some of the best of both rings and scope made.