• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins 7PRC

solocam

Private
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Looking at the Seekins Havak Element in 7PRC for a lightweight mountain Elk hunting gun. 6# rifle with a 1:8 twist 22” barrel. It’s light, and short enough to add a suppressor without being too heavy or making it too long. What does the hide think?

Just received mine, have not shot it yet. We also have a PH2, and are very impressed with it, thus leading us down this road. Prob would have gone ph2 again except only currently available in 26" barrel. I have talked to a few that have both, and they love and go to the Element first for mountain/hiking hunting. I have a zeiss v6 3-18x50 that will be going on it. Without rings and scope it is silly light, also planning on shooting suppressed. Barrel contour very thin. It also came with a seekins muzzle brake. Will not get a chance to shoot it for about 3 weeks, second child getting married.
I have so far been very impressed with Seekins. Planning on shooting the 175 eldx. I am delighted so far, we will see how i can shoot it, I have no doubt the gun will do its part, and for dome reason it does not, I have no doubt Seekins will take care of me.

sounds very similar to the package deal I’m looking at from Scheels. Except it has Leupold VX-6 3-18. I agree it is stupid light. Just a little concerned about recoil from such a light rifle.

pulled the trigger on the Element in 7PRC. Dude you’re not going to be disappointed. It’s a very accurate rifle. I shot factory 175g ELD-X today and got 2885 fps from the 22” barrel. Recoil seemed a little less than my heavier 7mm RM. Now we just need more factory ammunition.