• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins aftermarket handguards for SP10

kwak

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2010
MI
Is there any handguard manufactures that offer products for the Seekins SP10? Thanks

I am pretty certain that there are no 3rd party options other than keymod vs mlok and maybe length on factory seekins rails. You kinda have to be on board with the Seekins rail/receiver. That being said, I have had the ar15 sized upper that is pretty much the same as the SP10 for years now and it is a great rail for precision/dmr type guns even if I have the keymod version. The machining and finish are up with the best I own, LMT, Virtus, HK.

Reactions: Center556
What’s the issue with the factory handguard that you’re having?

Is there any handguard manufactures that offer products for the Seekins SP10? Thanks
I haven't had an SP-10, but I have had multiple versions of the SP3R that comes on it and have found it to be a very good rail. Versatile, strong, easy installation. Throw a ARCA on the bottom from Sawtooth and it's just about as good as it gets for AR/RPR rails

It is too short and the gas blocks sticks out and looks terrible. You would think that Seekins would have the sense to offer one in 16in since you need the longer gas tube for the 6.5CM.

Has Seekins solved their problem? I am having a custom upper made and I need the longer handguard for it.. I saw a picture of their fix and it is not acceptable to me

Personally I wanted the gas block sticking out on my SP10. Mine was the first to leave the shop with the lengthened gas system on the 6.5CM offering. Having a toolless gas block readily accessible to add/restrict flow when the csn goes on / off is a blessing. No idea why you wouldn’t want that functionality.

7430E8F9-3422-4794-A815-91F020453EFE.jpeg

Jigstick, Yours looks good. The picture I saw was bare metal. I plan to use a Superlative . Is it working for you?
I still am looking for a Seekins 15in handguard in the meantime. Thanks

I’m using the stock Seekins toolless gas block. It has functioned just fine. I put in a JP SCS as well. With the lengthened gas system, adjustable gas block, and SCS the rifle was easy to tune and shoots soft. As of now I have no plan to swap gas blocks. I’ll have to do some more shooting with my DeadAir cans and see where tuning settles in.