• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins AR Lower pics

Glen Seekins

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2004
lewiston, ID
www.seekinsprecision.com
We have been busting butt here this last week getting ready for SHOT and thought we would show what you are going to miss. I am excited to present Billet SP-223’s  They are 7075, hard anodized and 100% machined out of plate. The nice large mag well area makes inserting a mag about as easy as it can get. And the winter style trigger guard has a nice blend into your grip so its nice and comfy. these should make some great race guns for 3 gun comps or whatever else you can dream up!!

Matching uppers are also planned and we have a few goodies up our sleeves so we will see what the year brings. Getting current products taken care of is our first priority. Most everything was shipped, but we did run faster than material could be delivered and we just got more material Friday. Al and Blake will be in the shop this week making chips, so we will be way ahead when I get back on the 20th. Rings, in quantity should be on the shelf around the 1st!!

Here are some answers to some questions you might have.
These SP lowers should be on line, in production mid March. 223’s first and 308’s at a later date.
They are available with custom serial numbers
You can have any color you want within reason, but hard coat can only be Black, Green and Brown. Other colors, including the camo you see on the float tube are available as soft coat. 7075 is tricky and the colors can vary a bit, but im sure we will get it nailed down shortly.
P-mags go in and drop out better than you can imagine.
Ambidextrous accessories will be available after production has started.
Price is not set just yet. I need to crunch a few numbers first, but I am going to do my best to keep it under $300. I need to look into some specialized fixturing and hard costs before the price is set in stone.

Enjoy the pictures, stop by booth number 21106 and check them out and let us know what you think!!!

lower_BB_picture.JPG

lower_BB_Pmag.JPG

color_with_mags.JPG

lower_ALL_assy.JPG

Re: Seekins AR Lower pics

Thanks Stu, Im out until the 20th, but you can fill out a online form. just let me know what you want and i will put you on a list. Include your email and i will do a email update of production progress
smile.gif

15's are looking awesome.

Now the big question..............AR 10's

Got's to have it's.

Give me call after shot Glen,
Stu

You'd better take all the prototypes with you Glen!!
If you leave one behind Al or I might be tempted to throw it together and head to the range instead of making chips.
grin.gif

Dont know yet, I will most likely do one or the other, but i will be concentrating on getting the 223's going firs. I wont have a chance to work on the 308 version until april, so i will attack it then.

About a month before i start the 308's i will start a post asking a ton of questions about what you guys want to see, but for now my brain is full
smile.gif

Looking good Glen. I might have to have one.
Did Travis send for my bottom metal, rail, and lug?
Also want to pick your brain about a match in Wy in August.
Have fun at Shot.
JtP

I'll take one Sir,

Glen you have out done yourself,they look great!!!

No sleep for you till the AR-10's are done,,,,now back to WORK!!!

Nice as usual Glenn. Any chance you'll be selling to California?

Dude, you need to put up pics of the WSM adl bottom metal. Where's the love?

IAK, I wasnt able to get it completed like i wanted to. I have a bit of work to do on the feeding so i can get one to feed as a double stack, but better and more reliable than the factory bdl. You will be happy that i am making it perfect before releasing it
wink.gif

Grand, I have been speaking with Randy from RD, he said they would be CA legal and if they are you would be able to get one from Randy.

Glen, great work! they look awesome!

And yes, those are legal in California.

MAN! Sorta like seeing flat chested women all your life and then seeing your fist Victoria's Secret commercial. Sexy curves in all the right places. Really changes the look!

Very Nice.
Shane

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: force_multiplier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just might have to get one if they're in the 300 area
</div></div> Yeah I'll take one if its about that price range.

Thanks guys
smile.gif

if you want, fill out a online order and i will get you on a list. Include your email and i will keep you updated on progress and what the price will end up being. I will do some type of a group buy and if you sign up now you will be included in it. I dont need payment info, just a contact.

To clear some stuff up, i have had questions about the mag well area.

The mag well does have a purpose. The main reason for the mag well being longer is for mag changes. It has a nice larger bevel and makes thowing a mag in super fast and simple. Simular to what guys do to their 1911's. You dont even have to think about it. The front has some texture to it and give you something to grip, instead of your mag if you like to grab there.

The holes in the triger guard are just cosmetic. You can have them with or without the holes if you dont like them. I am in Orlando until the 20th for the shot show. I will answer questions as i can.....

I completed the online order form last night, it's pretty straight forward.

Wow, Glen they look even better finished. The anodizing is very nice.
I will be getting a couple.

They look great, now I just need to get this job thing figured out so I have money again. Added my self to the order for now hopefully it'll all work out. These are too good looking to paas up.

damn those are really nice, it makes me want to build another ar. But I have to build a long rifle first. I really like the curves, it sets it apart from all other ars.

Pre order placed- damned nice looking lower! I hope O'Daddy does not beat us to it...

2Door

Looks great. I filled out the online order as I am interested in at least one lower and possibly a upper when they are available. Brown/coyote tan for me please.

any word on the logo, or roll mark that will be used on them? And is the green an actual OD green, the pics on my computer make it look like its more of a brighter green...

smokes....Thanks for all the orders guys
smile.gif

We just made it back into our room from dinner. So far, its been a great show.

The green and brown will vary a bit in color because it is hard anodize and thats what you get with 7075 aluminum. the green color is the same as some of the OD green stuff i have, but diffrent than others. No guarentee the brown or green will be the same as any other color "OD" you have. its important that you understand that the coating may not be the same OD or tan/brown as other components but it might be exact as some gear. its just a option, if you want a exact match you need to paint.

Im not sure what kind of logo i will do if any. I like the clean look without a logo, but will most put a small logo by the SN# and leave the large area clean.

The serial number will be engraved on the CNC, not stamped..