• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins Base Height

JMD82

Private
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2012
Gulf Coast
Need a little help here. Is anyone running this set up?

Rem 700 SA with M24 contour barrel.
Seekins 20 MOA Base (still waiting for it to arrive).
Razor 4.5-27x56

Trying to see if anyone might have the measurement from the top of the barrel to the top of the base for this set up (or something very close). I’m trying to run the numbers to see what ring height I need. I hear that Seekins bases are a little on the low side in regard to height. I just ordered the base yesterday so I do not have it in my hands yet. Would like to get the rings ordered ASAP so I can mount everything up before next weekend instead of waiting for base...then waiting on rings and so on. I previously had a EGW 20 MOA base that was just shy of or right at 1/2” TOB to TOB, but upgrading to the Seekins.

I was planning on using the Vortex PMR 1.10” until I heard that the Seekins base was a little lower than others. Now I’m wondering if I need to bump it up the the 1.26” rings.

TIA for the help and feedback. Much appreciated.

You will be fine with the 1.1" height. I have run 1" height on most of my Razors and that includes rifles with Seekins bases. Here is a pic of a med palma barrel with a set of 1" high Seekins rings on a Seekins base and a Razor II. As you can see plenty of room and how the 1.1 will give more.

IMG_09461.jpg

ETA found another pic but the base is a Badger but it is real close to Seekins in height as you can see in the pics. The barrel is M24 contour and 1" height rings.

IMG_1337.JPG

Reactions: Jigstick
Just made it back in for the day. Thanks for the info and pics Rob01. This really helps. Looks like I’ll stick with the 1.1” rings. Time to get them on order.

Thanks Again