• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins DBM...

FNG

Private
Minuteman
Sep 19, 2005
Allen, TX
I was looking at Seekin's site and saw the DBM, has anyone used it? Also does the mag release shorten the trigger guard and possibly make it harder to get finger on trigger when wearing gloves? I could have emailed Glen on this but really want to see pics of this setup on a rifle.

Re: Seekins DBM...

I have it, but a gunsmith totally butchered the job to the point that I had to send it back to Glen to either be fixed or replaced. I love the system, and it's very well thought out. Priced right too.

I've found a different gunsmith at this point in the game.

Glen's a great guy, and I know that he is quite busy these days. I'm hoping that I get the bottom metal back any day now, as it's the only thing missing in completing my last rifle build.

It'll be sitting in a manners MCS-T and feeding a .298 bore, 11 twist, Brux barrel.

J, sounds good. Was there any issue with the trigger guard being smaller. Not sure if it is but from the pics it looks to be.

Seekins' site calls the trigger guard "winter style" which I've always seen used to mean the guard is designed to allow you to use the trigger with gloves on.

I don't remember reading that but that would have answered my question thanks.

No issues for me with the trigger guard being smaller, but I am not shooting with gloves. I really like the ar style mag drop.

Here is how it looks on a Manners T1

rifle_1.jpg

I love glenns system, i will admit it doesnt look as good to me as the badger, and currently is lacking 10rd mags, but i prefer seekins over the badger

reloads go in faster and eaiser, better mag release design

i really like my seekins b/m

it is indeed a great idea, especially if you are already used to the M16/Ar15 platform. makes things easy.

I have the Surgeon dbm myself, I like it a lot. Rock solid and I like how it holds/guides the mag on both sides.

After using badger, and AI... I like both better than seekins. Why? The mags.

I had nothing but trouble with seekins mags. I hear he is going to go for a new design that will use the AI mags though. I'll give them a second look when that happens.

The bottom metal itself was extremely nice. But the mags caused constant feeding problems.