• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins DMR on milspec lower???

Kino

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2011
United States
Wondering how the Seekins DMR upper with the handguard that bolts to the receiver mates to a milspec lower??

I've got a ton of milspec lowers to build and really like the monolithic style upper for a 6ARC build I'm wanting to play with.

Anyone got any input and pictures.?? Much appreciated!

Reactions: simonp
Never messed with one, but what makes you think it wouldn’t mate up with the lower in the normal fashion?

Works fine. It's clearly not a matching set, but that's obviously going to be the case.
20231227_172152.jpg

Never messed with one, but what makes you think it wouldn’t mate up with the lower in the normal fashion?
Never mind. I guess you were asking what it would look like aesthetically? I thought you were asking if they were mechanically compatible for some reason.

Reactions: Kino
For not being matched they mate up pretty well, but not like on a Seekins billet lower.

I would highly suggest just buying a complete rifle from them. Mine has absolutely phenomenal right out of the box and shoots lights out. I also couldn’t build one for what it cost and if there’s any issues like broken bolts they will take care of it and even rebarrel it when the barrel is shot out.

Reactions: spooledup
So here's my 2 holdups on buying a complete rifle. I agree that they are top shelf!

1) I have a LOT of milspec lowers setting around so instead of hoarding I really want to use some up.

2) With the cost of quality components and lack of availability I definitely will run a brass catcher. I'm a fan of the Brassgoat brass catcher and its only compatible with a milspec lower, mounting on the mag well of the lower. If someone made a similar brass catcher I might entertain just getting a complete rifle. It will be used fir gas gun class in PRS.

Here’s my gas gun comp gun. A seekins upper on an aero lower. Works great and shoots .6-.75 Moa with every factory match load I’ve tried.

1704636372740.jpeg

Reactions: Kino
Sell a couple lowers and buy a proper Seekins lower if money is an issue. There’s some things just not worth cutting corners on, for aesthetic purposes. If you want to shoot a Seekins rifle, then build a Seekins rifle. Just my $0.02.
When I have used a brass catcher I used this one.

Money is no issue and I'm not a fan of the TBR brass catcher.

I may do some trading or selling, the Griffin Armament ambi lower is exactly what I'm looking for and it appears to be every much as quality as the Seekins.

You're a lefty?
Yes. No.
Kinda.
Born left handed, schooled into right handedness, learned to shoot long guns right handed, picked up a pistol years later and realized it only worked for me left handed. So I shoot pistols left, long guns right.
EXCEPT when I'm shooting my designated long range and target guns and I really want the far superior eyesight in my left eye.
That all sounds convoluted but it's very seamless for me and I never actively think about which side I'm shooting from.
That is my only gun set up for only lefty use, and that's just because I wanted the MPA grip.

Money is no issue and I'm not a fan of the TBR brass catcher.

I may do some trading or selling, the Griffin Armament ambi lower is exactly what I'm looking for and it appears to be every much as quality as the Seekins.
Then just match with a Seekins. It’s a no brainer.

Then just match with a Seekins. It’s a no brainer.

I guess I should have elaborated a little more, I'm wanting something that works with the Brassgoat brass catcher and its only compatible with a milspec lower. It kinda wraps around the lower maxwell. I have some Stiller lowers on hand but they are to wide. I have some regular milspec stuff but not ambi so I've been looking for something that is milspec dimensions but ambi and found the Griffin.

I'm building a prs rig so I want a long truck axle for a barrel and I definitely want a monolithic upper, I'm sold on the Seekins upper and wide handguard.