• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins Havak Bravo stock compatibility

kmontang

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 30, 2014
Dallas, TX
I'm ordering a Seekins Havak Bravo, but I'm not a big fan of the KRG stock it comes in. I'm looking for a chassis to drop it in to. Do any of you guys have experience doing this? Seekins says it will take "some inletting" since the action is R700ish, so I want to make sure I pick a chassis that can accommodate this inletting

I dropped my Seekins Havak HP-1 in the Magpul Hunter 700 chassis/stock into a used Orias chassis and it fit fine and runs the AICS mags fine. My only problem was the action screws that came on the Seekins weren't long enough so I ordered some replacements through Fastenal.

Reactions: kmontang
I dropped my Seekins Havak HP-1 in the Magpul Hunter 700 chassis/stock into a used Orias chassis and it fit fine and runs the AICS mags fine. My only problem was the action screws that came on the Seekins weren't long enough so I ordered some replacements through Fastenal.

No modification required at all?

FYI, the bravo is a full aluminum chassis. Just has plastic panels and butt. Try it, you might like it.

If not they bring $300 in the PX.

The number and variety of shooters who dig the Bravo has absolutely blown me away. KRG hit it out of the park. Every review I’ve read has been glowing. My shooting buddy has one on his Seekins Havak 6.5PRC and it consistently shoots under half moa w Hornady ELD-X factory loads.

Reactions: Rizzo
After looking at KRG's website, I found out you can add the adjustable LOP to the existing Bravo stock that comes with the Seekins, and LOP was my primary concern, So I'll certainly give the factory stock a shot with the LOP kit before I try a different one!

You can also get weighted LOP spacers. The stock Bravo is pretty light.

I have the Seekins BRAVO in 6.5 PRC. Only issue I had with the KRG stock was the cheek weld when elevated would stop the bolt from completely extracting the the spent casing. I dremeled just a bit out now it works like a charm. I am incredibly impressed with the stock but most importantly the rifle. Shoots sub .25 MOA.

I just tried switching my Seekins Havak into an MPA BA Hybrid, and the action completely binds up. The MPA chassis works fine with several other actions, including a Bighorn Origin and a TL3. Not sure if the action screws are too long, or what. I'll continue to mess with it and report back. I actually was searching Snipers Hide to see if someone else had run into the same problem when I came across this thread. For the time being, I'll put it back in the KRG Bravo, where it worked fine.

If your rifle is a R700 clone footprint then you should be able to drop your barreled action into any other R700 chassis system.

I have the Seekins BRAVO in 6.5 PRC. Only issue I had with the KRG stock was the cheek weld when elevated would stop the bolt from completely extracting the the spent casing. I dremeled just a bit out now it works like a charm. I am incredibly impressed with the stock but most importantly the rifle. Shoots sub .25 MOA.

i like the Bravo chassis too but I wish the fore-end was longer and there was the ability to add more than just 3/4 pounds of weight

If your rifle is a R700 clone footprint then you should be able to drop your barreled action into any other R700 chassis system.
I don't think this is necessarily true. The recoil lug on the Seekins is VERY different than on my Bighorns or other clones/semi-clones.