• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins Havak Hit 1st Impression

rick539

Private
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2010
Finally got 1st rounds down range today on my new Seekins Havak Hit. It’s in 308, Area 419 Hellfire match brake, Accutech bipod and a Tract Toric 4.5-30x56 on it.
The good - fits good to the shoulde, balanced well. Trigger is adjustable and got it to 1 1/2 lbs which I feel comfortable. But mostly, damn accurate for a production gun. Below is shots 16-20 through the barrel. Was trying different 168gr factory bullets. Best group was a .500 moa group with black hills 168 gr sierra TMK. Most the other groups were in the .7 range With 1 group at 1.02 moa due to a flyer.
7165A1AD-14D1-4823-993C-C3EEB0DBDC72.jpeg

Things I‘m not crazy about. Cheek rest thin and uncomfortable. Needs a thumb rest verses a shelf built into the chassis. Bolt handle to small, especially for a ninety degree throw.
Overall, pretty impressed with an initial sub-2000 dollar investment. The above picky observations can be fixed with a little work and ingenuity. Good platform for entry level PRS and long range shooting

Going to try different weight bullets next week. Interested on seeing what this 1:11.25 twist barrel likes.