• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins HAVAK PH2 300PRC

Jsaz666

Private
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2020
Colorado
I have been shooting a Ruger RPR for a few years and it has been great. However, I love the 300prc cartridge and I was toying with the idea of an "all purpose" rifle. Something I can hunt with and still ring steel out to 1K. So I was talking to a friend of mine at my local Scheels and he showed me the Seekins PH2. I immediately traded the RPR. Beautiful rifle! I kept my glass which os really heavy- and honestly not that great- Athlon Helos Btr 6-24x50. It'll work for now.

I'm eyeballing a Leupold MK5 HD 3-18, but im open to suggestions.

I also bought a magpul bipod, since the rifle only has a sling stud mount and it sucks. It doesn't swivel- its going back... Any suggestions for a bipod? Or how to mount something with a pic rail mount? I'm not the most educated long range guy at all, which is why I ask questions on here. Thanks gents!

You magpul probably does swivel. It has a lockout feature as most guys prefer that the don't.

Reactions: Jsaz666
I have an Atlas CAL and really like it. But if money were no object I’d have gotten the Elite Iron.

You might need to DIY another hole into the stock. It looks like current PH2 incorporate ambi-flush cups, one where the second sling stud would be up front. A drill and some epoxy (anything you'd use for bedding) would work. Get the ARCA or pic rail of your choice with appropriate hole/mount spacing. Measure twice, drill it, mount it all, bed it, and tape/secure it in place while it cures.

Otherwise, you can get a Harris and pimp it out... sadly, all of the Hide will point and laugh at you for this.