• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins Hit in 6 GT

rick539

Private
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2010
Currently have a Seekins Hit in 308. Shoots well out to approximately 900. Problem is that from 500 and in, hard to pick up shots due to recoil. Tried a friends MPA in 6 GT, loved it. I would like to re-barrel with one from Straight Jacket Armory as they make direct fit for the Seekins. Seekins no longer barrel in 6GT. I watched a video of a 6GT load development using the Seekins and noticed some feeding problems. Is anyone using this platform, if so, any feeding problems observed? Thanks

Currently have a Seekins Hit in 308. Shoots well out to approximately 900. Problem is that from 500 and in, hard to pick up shots due to recoil. Tried a friends MPA in 6 GT, loved it. I would like to re-barrel with one from Straight Jacket Armory as they make direct fit for the Seekins. Seekins no longer barrel in 6GT. I watched a video of a 6GT load development using the Seekins and noticed some feeding problems. Is anyone using this platform, if so, any feeding problems observed? Thanks

If you are referring to the Bob's reloading video, he was using what looks to be a magpul mag which was likely being affected by the bag pressed against the magazine. He has a follow up video explaining it. And magpul have been hit or miss in many cartridges.

Thank you. I will hunt that video down. I have the MDT poly/metal mags and have had zero problems.

MDT has a 10rnd polymer mag out now for the 6gt that has been working fine in my rifle and I hear they have a 12rd in the works for release very soon if its not already. Last match I was at a shooter in my squad had one already after calling in to customer service to order.

6GT will feed beautifully out of any steel AICS magazine, you don’t need any special magazines, that’s one of the main reasons they came up with it.

The Magpul AICS magazines, regardless of cartridge, are typically trash in 8 out of 10 rifles, and magical in the 2 out of 10 that they actually work in.

Have 4 magpul 10rd aics mags that I use for 6GT. No issues to report. Have read about it plenty and never seen or experienced any. Have a friend that uses them for 6GT also with no issues.
YMMV