• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins IRMT upper and SP3R rail. Help Please!

Lead Heads

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 18, 2011
Fort Worth, TX
I have a Seekins IRMT upper and SP3R rail for a build. I am having trouble. I inserted the barrel into the upper, torqued down the provided titanium barrel nut, slid the rail onto the upper and loose fit all the screws to secure the rail. Then I ran into a problem. The 4 screws that attach to either side of the top rail (the 45* side) would bottom out on the barrel nut. All of the screws included are the same length (too long). Am I doing something wrong? Should the set have included shorter screws? Or do I need to cut down the existing screws? Please help.
Thanks

p.s. I have cross threaded this post in the gunsmithing section as well.

Should have short screws(four if I'm not wrong) in the bag that was with the rail

+1 on the above...should be "short" screws for the "angled" sides of the rail (not all the same size screws).

Shoot Glen Seekins a PM here on the Hide or e-mail him direct and explain the issue with not receiving the short screws and he'll get a proper set sent out to you I'm sure as Seekins CS is absolutely second to none!! Here's a link to his profile and contact: http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/members/glen-seekins.html

Bleh, I ran into this problem with my MKM upper. One of the screws is .06" longer than the others, so it bottoms out and the head isn't flush with the rest of the handguard. I suppose I could grind it down, but I'm going to call Mega anyway.

P.S. Mega needs a interwebs rep wandering around and keeping tabs on forums. Think they'll hire me?