• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Seekins lower assembly

killborn

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 7, 2011
Annapolis, MD
Gentleman,

I need some help with the assembly of a new Seekins lower I purchased. Everything has gone well, but the mag catch/release. I have installed it to the point where the screw on mag release is flush with the button and seems to be in the correct position, but the mag catch will not hold all my mags. I have tried 4 different mags. 3 P mags and 1 regular steel mag. 2 stay in and 2 slip out and cant get them to click in.
Any ideas? I have tried to turn back the mag catch one turn and also overturn it, but that does not work. Idea?

Re: Seekins lower assembly

Ok, been messing with it and not one of my P mags will catch only the 2 steel mags. I have taken it all apart, reinstalled the catch and release and no change..

I seriously doubt the problem is with the Seekins lower, as i uase a lot of thier product and design and QC is tops.

I assume you have a mag catch spring on the shaft...

If so, you have a bad mag catch or the wrong spring.

I took the mag catch and release from my Sig 516 where it worked fine. I know that some parts from the 516 are not standard to other AR's. Any reason for the mag catch or spring to be different from the Sig516 to putting it on the Seekins lower?

If you would like us to look at it just let us know and We would be happy to. No one has mentioned this before, so I don't know
smile.gif

Thanks for the offer. From some research online, it might be more of an issue with the mag catch from the Sig even though it works fine in the Sig lower, but when installed in the Seekins it won't catch on the P mags. I should be getting a new mag catch today and will give it a try before sending in the lower.