• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Seekins mag system "footprint"

223ai

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2006
Texas
I've left word for Glenn at his shop, but was wondering if the .308 mag system has the same "footprint" as the .223 mag system? In other words, If I have a manners stock inlet for the .308 mag system, but want to change the rifle to a .223ai, will the Seekins 223 mag system work?

Re: Seekins mag system "footprint"

Pretty sure they are the same. I am running out to the shop to check. If they are different I will let you know.

Just checked they are the same

Different mag, but same inletting. He will need a new DBM system but it will fit in the same hole.

Just so yall do not have to rely on just my word for it
smile.gif

seekinsDBM.jpg

You are correct sir. Seekins makes great stuff. I prefer inletting for it over anything else I have attempted also. Just do a box and then inlet for the rest, very simple no adjusting the vise. If your depth is a little off just adjust the feed lips little....do not ask how I know this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotAGuru</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nope i didn't. I knew. Its very simple to do. He makes some of the best DBM i have seen. </div></div>