• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins or APA short action DBM?

orrbull48

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2012
I have no experience with either and was wondering if someone could provide some insight on which they prefer?

I went with the seekins on my 6.5cm because it uses a "button" style release instead of the lever style. I use the 6.5 for hunting and just liked the idea of having fewer things protruding from the rifle. Less for things to get caught on.

An interesting thing with my build is that i used a timney flat trigger and with the seekins bottom metal, just the shape of the trigger guard and the length of the trigger, .030-.040" had to be shaved off of the bottom of the trigger for it to clear.

I have no experience with the APA botom metal.

I have used a lot of the bottom metals out there in addition to the APA RTG and have to say if I ever were to build a 700 style rifle again I would absolutely use the RTG. It is one of the most thought threw designed release systems I have ever used. It is completely snag free, as low profile and sleek looking as anything out there (and much better than most). It is designed and manufactured in such a way that it would look perfectly at home on a tactical rifle as well as a AAA Claro wood stocked custom hunting rifle. They are also completely ambidextrous.

APA here too. I have the PTG also, but prefer the APA. The release being built into the trigger guard works great and is much more streamlined.
KJ

Also no experience with the APA DBM but I love the functionality of my Seekins DBM. Its completely snag free and allows me to pull the rifle out of my Eberlestock X3 without hanging up or getting caught on anything whether its muzzle up or down. Its got super clean lines and the push button is nice compared to Badger M5 lever. I would definitely get the Seekins setup again.

John

I have no experience with the seekins but I have an APA and its good to go.