• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins or vortex precision cantilever with 6-36 razor?

Jnull

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2020
I have two gen 3 6-36 razors on the way and want to throw one on my AR-10 for the hell of it till I decide to move it to something else. Since this likely won’t stay on that rifle I don’t want to dump a ton of money into a cantilever mount.

I can get a seekins or vortex precision which are basically the same mount used for a good price but those are pretty light weight and minimal. Anyone think there’ll be an issue running a nearly 3lb scope in one?

You shouldn’t need a cantilever on an AR-10. I have mine in ARC Mbrace mounts and have no shortage of rail space.

Either way they’re the height I need and available used.

They will work, but if you're not wanting to dump a lot into a cantilever mount, you can get any mount really that would work for the AR-10 and then whatever rifle you plan on next.

They will work, but if you're not wanting to dump a lot into a cantilever mount, you can get any mount really that would work for the AR-10 and then whatever rifle you plan on next.

1.5” tall for ar use is taller then I like on a bolt gun otherwise I’d get two mbrace mounts during their Black Friday sale.

So, you just purchased one of the more expensive and better long range scopes available, and you want a cheap mount? I would find it hard to believe you don't need a cantilever, but that depends upon the rifle. ARC M-Brace, Geissele, Spuhr, Audere, Badger all sound like great answers.

btw, you will need 1.5" for that scope. Rule of thumb: 56mm objective requires a minimum of 1.45" on full rail.

Reactions: Thebiglebowski
So, you just purchased one of the more expensive and better long range scopes available, and you want a cheap mount? I would find it hard to believe you don't need a cantilever, but that depends upon the rifle. ARC M-Brace, Geissele, Spuhr, Audere, Badger all sound like great answers.

btw, you will need 1.5" for that scope. Rule of thumb: 56mm objective requires a minimum of 1.45" on full rail.

Wasn’t asking for your opinion and i wasn’t asking about the cheapest new mount I can get. Big difference between that and a quality used mount at a reasonable price. Also if you bothered to read the comment above yours you’d see 1.5” is what I’m after but clearly you only partially read things.

• Wow
Reactions: rpoL98
Wasn’t asking for your opinion and i wasn’t asking about the cheapest new mount I can get. Big difference between that and a quality used mount at a reasonable price. Also if you bothered to read the comment above yours you’d see 1.5” is what I’m after but clearly you only partially read things.

Well @longshot2000 knows a thing or two about this subject so maybe try not to be a twat, and maybe listen to the advice given to you by people who clearly have more knowledge than you..... Just a thought

Reactions: rpoL98
Nothing wrong with Seekins/Vortex rings. I find it hard to believe Vortex would market a mount that fits their gen3 scopes that were inappropriate for their gen3 scopes.

Nothing wrong with Seekins/Vortex rings. I find it hard to believe Vortex would market a mount that fits their gen3 scopes that were inappropriate for their gen3 scopes.

I don’t think they specifically market the mount for their gen 3s, putting the 6-36 gen 3 on an ar probably isn’t real common but maybe I’m wrong there? I just wanted to make sure it was robust enough for the weight of the scope on a gas gun.

Just to confirm I’m talking about the cantilever mount not the individual rings.

I have both the Vortex Precision Extended Cantilever Mount and the Seekins MXM cantilever mounts on various ARs and they hold up well. They are built very solid and made from good materials. Note, the cantilever distances are slightly different between the two variations and I prefer the Vortex version on my AR-10s. On an AR-10 pattern rifle, with that scope, I would lean toward the Vortex mount for the slightly higher centerline (1.574 vs 1.45) to allow for a little more clearance to the rail for scope caps in addition to the cantilever distance differences. Give Vortex a call and ask their opinion on your specific situation, but my two cents is it will work well.

https://vortexoptics.com/precision-extended-cantilever-mount-34-mm-20-moa-2022.html

https://seekinsprecision.com/scope-rings-mounts/mxm-scope-mount-2.html

I have both the Vortex Precision Extended Cantilever Mount and the Seekins MXM cantilever mounts on various ARs and they hold up well. They are built very solid and made from good materials. Note, the cantilever distances are slightly different between the two variations and I prefer the Vortex version on my AR-10s. On an AR-10 pattern rifle, with that scope, I would lean toward the Vortex mount for the slightly higher centerline (1.574 vs 1.45) to allow for a little more clearance to the rail for scope caps in addition to the cantilever distance differences. Give Vortex a call and ask their opinion on your specific situation, but my two cents is it will work well.

https://vortexoptics.com/precision-extended-cantilever-mount-34-mm-20-moa-2022.html

https://seekinsprecision.com/scope-rings-mounts/mxm-scope-mount-2.html

I did notice the vortex has a bit more offset. My main concern is them being stout enough for a heavy scope on a gas gun, thanks for your input.

I did notice the vortex has a bit more offset. My main concern is them being stout enough for a heavy scope on a gas gun, thanks for your input.
My point is that if Vortex didn’t think their mounts would hold up to their 34mm scope, they wouldn’t make a 34mm mount. That’s the easy button. They don’t note any caliber or platform restrictions for their scopes. And then, they warranty for life, for any cause- even if you put their scope into their rings.

My point is that if Vortex didn’t think their mounts would hold up to their 34mm scope, they wouldn’t make a 34mm mount. That’s the easy button. They don’t note any caliber or platform restrictions for their scopes. And then, they warranty for life, for any cause- even if you put their scope into their rings.

I hear you, thanks for your experience.