• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins PH1 or Tikka T3X in 6.5 Creedmoore

Texaslongshot

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2018
Looking for a 6.5 creedmoore in Seekins PH1 or Tikka T3x varmint in 6.5 creed. Primary use will be hunting with some occasional long range steel shooting for fun out fo 1K. Pretty big price difference in the 2. Is the Seekins worth it? Thanks for suggestions.

Depends on how you define worth. The Seekins is lighter, threaded and has arguably a nicer trigger. However, I don't think you can go wrong with either as a hunting rifle and both should bang steel out to your stated distance. I am currently outfitting my CTR as my go to hunting rifle and I think it is dang near perfect. I also live/hunt in TX and feel like the 20" CTR is ideal for box stands and overall maneuverability. But, that is personal preference. I also intend to use it for shooting out to around 500 yards as that is all I have as far as ranges around me.

As the saying goes, buy once, cry once. Get the one you want - life is short!